Fanatec Mounting Question for 8020 rig

G-Slev

Rubbish Racer & Amateur Motorsport Photographer
Premium
I am designing an 8020 rig which is something of a shameless rip of of a simlab GT1 evo, albeit with a few adjustments to personalise it. I have a Fanatec CSW 2.5 and V3 pedals and I am wondering about securing them to the rig.

For those of you who have done this, do you just use the 40x40 brackets and then use a washer with the M6 nuts used to secure the wheel and pedals? I can't find any brackets that take an M6 bolt on the motedis website.

Looking at the mounting on wheel and pedals, it is only four bolt so I can't see it being a particularly complicated endeavour to sort out.

That would definitely do as long as you can accomodate any 'tilt' needed in the base to make the wheel comfy in terms of rake.

Good luck!

Thanks Colin. Is there a particular connector with 8020 (though I am using 8040) that allows for the tilt of the horizontal piece holding the wheel?

Upvote 0
Is there a particular connector with 8020 (though I am using 8040) that allows for the tilt of the horizontal piece holding the wheel?

If you find that you need to tilt that horizontal piece, you'll usually snap off the locating tabs from the rear of the 40x40 brackets which will allow you some adjustment.

Do you have a link to the brackets you had originally planned on using?

Upvote 0
If you find that you need to tilt that horizontal piece, you'll usually snap off the locating tabs from the rear of the 40x40 brackets which will allow you some adjustment.

Do you have a link to the brackets you had originally planned on using?

I was going to use these - both for the horizontal bar and to fix the wheel in place on the two horizontal bars I am running from the wheel deck bar.

They take M8 bolts which is why I need to step down to M6 to attach the wheel.

Rig.jpg

Upvote 0
@G-Slev That should work out fine.

You'll have the option to break off the locking tabs on the 4x brackets under the 40x120crossmember to allow tilt adjustment.

Using M6 bolts with washers to attach the CSW 2.5 mounting bracket to the 40x40 bars will also work. Just remember to order some M6 threaded t-nuts to go along with those bolts :)

Upvote 0
I mounted it in the end by using two 4040 pieces with right andle brackets to attach to the wheel base bracket. I thi k I drilled the base bracket to attach two of the angle brackets, but I'm not 100% sure. I'll try and get the DSLR out and take some photos for you - but it is rock solid. There is an image of my DIY designed and built rig on Instagram:

Self designed and build simrig, using aluminium from Motedis and a seat out of an old Mazda MX5. Fanatec Clubsport V2.5, BMW GT2 rim, SHH Newt Shifter, 2x self made button boxes and triple Acer 27 inch monitors. Oh and some LEDs, as every simrig needs LEDs. #MX5 #Simrig #simracing #Motedis #aluminiumprofile #Fanatec #ClubsportV25 #BMWrim #SHHShifter

Upvote 0
Self designed and build simrig, using aluminium from Motedis and a seat out of an old Mazda MX5. Fanatec Clubsport V2.5, BMW GT2 rim, SHH Newt Shifter, 2x self made button boxes and triple Acer 27 inch monitors. Oh and some LEDs, as every simrig needs LEDs. #MX5 #Simrig #simracing #Motedis #aluminiumprofile #Fanatec #ClubsportV25 #BMWrim #SHHShifter

Looks great and I'm considering doing something similar. Would you mind sharing an approximate bill of materials for the aluminium profile and fixings (i.e. everything except the seat and electricals)?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Looks great and I'm considering doing something similar. Would you mind sharing an approximate bill of materials for the aluminium profile and fixings (i.e. everything except the seat and electricals)?

The electricals were literally a tenner off Amazon) and the seat was £25 on ebay. There is another thread elsewhere about how I mounted it.

I have attached a list of parts, and I have uploaded the maycad files for the rig and monitor stand here:

If you need any help, give me a shout. In total it cost about 576 euro, but you could reduce that using smaller profile. Some of the stuff I used really was overkill and it will be pretty much solid whatever you use because of the way aluminium profile works.

Attachments

• Rig list.docx
    16.7 KB · Views: 132
Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 245 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%