Fanatec Heel rest, more angle

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has come across a third party heel rest/plate that would work on the V3 Fanatec pedals, I’m wondering if I can get something with more angle to compensate for the angle I have the pedals.

If no one makes anything like this if anyone has hints and tips on making one that would be great also.

Cheers.

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has come across a third party heel rest/plate that would work on the V3 Fanatec pedals, I’m wondering if I can get something with more angle to compensate for the angle I have the pedals.

If no one makes anything like this if anyone has hints and tips on making one that would be great also.

Cheers.

You can put it at the angle you want then adjust the pedals themselves for the desired angle .

Upvote 0
You can put it at the angle you want then adjust the pedals themselves for the desired angle .

There’s only a tiny amount of adjustment available in the peddle ends and that’s only because I have the brackets the D style pads come on, without them you have none, but still no where near enough to compensate for the angle the whole peddle unit is at and doesn’t take much, and you can’t adjust the heel plate at all that I can see, that’s non adjustable. I need a piece of metal thats already got the correct bend in it and the 3 holes in the right place to screw it onto the pedal unit.

Upvote 0
if the D pedals brackets are not moving enough for you would a little angled wedge work between bracket and pedal to give you more angle? Another thought would to be a wedge under the heel plate but not sure if that is possible.

Upvote 0
if the D pedals brackets are not moving enough for you would a little angled wedge work between bracket and pedal to give you more angle? Another thought would to be a wedge under the heel plate but not sure if that is possible.

Thanks for the help but I’d prefer a different heel plate with a bigger angle where it bends and also something that looks more like you would get in an average race or rally car.

Upvote 0
you could build a separate pedal base out of 8020 or wood to get the angle desired. If you notice on my rig the part pedals are attached slides into the rest of rig. You can get the pedal part from 4play and get it smaller. Prob could do for under $100. If you have a Grainger close by even cheaper.

https://imgur.com/a/2OfoOiT

Upvote 0
you could build a separate pedal base out of 8020 or wood to get the angle desired. If you notice on my rig the part pedals are attached slides into the rest of rig. You can get the pedal part from 4play and get it smaller. Prob could do for under $100. If you have a Grainger close by even cheaper.

https://imgur.com/a/2OfoOiT

I’m not sure you quite understand what I’m after, I don’t have a problem with getting the pedals at the right angle, the problem is the plate that attaches to the the V3 pedals with the 3 red screws which you rest your heels on is not adjustable which I would like to be flatter compared to the rest of the pedal unit.

Upvote 0
Okay so the problem is as the pedals are tilted forward (back raised, front lowers) on the rig to make the pedal faces more vertical the heel plate angle steepens which is problem as it's not natural. There isn't third-party heel plate solution I've ever seen. So unfortunately the fix would be a DIY heel plate modification to counter the angle.

My first thought would be fashioning a heel plate separate from the V3 pedals entirely, which is attached to the rig and hovers above the V3 heel plate. Imagine a design along the lines of a desk monitor riser.

Upvote 0
Maybe you could remove the heel plate,turn it over and gently tap the bend.That should remove some of the angle.Be careful though as I believe that is aluminum and may crack along the bend.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back