Fanatec gt2 vs gt3: Differences?

Hi,
The title says it all really. Are the differences between the GT2 and GT3 purely cosmetic; that is, different wheel rims on the same base, or do I get better FFB for my 70 euros?

I think no one would go from the GT2 to the GT3, they must be so similar, I have a GT3, its good, but I I bought a Thrustmaster TX, it blows the GT3 away for FFB & precision.
What pedals are you using?

Upvote 0
I think no one would go from the GT2 to the GT3, they must be so similar, I have a GT3, its good, but I I bought a Thrustmaster TX, it blows the GT3 away for FFB & precision.
What pedals are you using?
I can`t afford a TX at the moment, so it`s either one of the Fanatecs or a G27 for me. As I already have the CSR Elite pedals, buying one of the GT wheels is the logical option.

Upvote 0
is the gt3 v2 worth getting over the Gt2. is one newer than the other or are these both old wheels.

the angle of the wheel from the base looks really high. my desk ia bout elbow height when I sit down, will this to be arkward.?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
is the gt3 v2 worth getting over the Gt2. is one newer than the other or are these both old wheels.

the angle of the wheel from the base looks really high. my desk ia bout elbow height when I sit down, will this to be arkward.?
Not unless you have an xbox, or you want a wheel that lights up like a christmas tree.
The wheel angle is adjustable.
The GT2 V2 is only available on pre-order, so I suppose it`s newer.
Buy a wheel stand, they`re worth it

Upvote 0
wheel angle.? i dont mean steering angle like 900 degrees.

I mean it looks like it sits to high up?
To high compared to what? I found it very comfy, same angle as on my CSW.
Clamp has worked fine for me until I started playing RBR, too much throwing the wheel around on that so I ordered a wheel stand, highly recommend doing that no matter what wheel you end up getting.

Upvote 0
wheel angle.? i dont mean steering angle like 900 degrees.

I mean it looks like it sits to high up?
Kjell`s right; if you can afford a good wheel, then a stand is cheap by comparison and well worth the money. I got mine from ebay and I think it was £50 new. Stands are adjustable every which way; the only problem with mine is that the Fanatec pedals` base is so long that the pedals are too close to the wheel, and the bar that supports the wheel now blocks the brake. Eventually however, I intend to go for the racing frame with seat built in...
The Fanatec wheels are adjustable up or down, just like in a normal car. I thought you had a Thrustmaster anyway?

Upvote 0
Also...those pedals do make a big difference. Oddly I`ve noticed it more with the accelerator than the brake. The accelerator is so precise that I don`t spin out nearly as much as I used to.
The brake still feels odd to me; I feel as if it`s not slowing the cars down at all, but clearly it is, or I`d just go straight on in the corners, rather than round them :confused:

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 330 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 228 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 169 7.9%
  • < 5 years