Fanatec GT2 Dead

So was playing the oh so fantastic Assetto Corsa and suddenly to my great disappointment my wheel died :'(

Anyway I feared the worst but seems that my power supply is dead so hoping that is the only root for my lifeless wheel. No green light shows on the adaptor or anything, that used to.

So I was going to order the power supply linked below as a replacement but I'm no good with electronics (or rather I become uber paranoid about doing something wrong) so just wanted to check it would work fine?

Power Supply - [url]http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0093Y8M2M/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/URL]

Looking on my Fanatec power supply the ratings are:
Input: 100-240v ~ 50/60Hz 1.5A MAX
Output: 24V --- ___ (dashed and solid line) 2.5A

The main thing I was worried about with the PSU from amazon was this - "Please make sure the DC voltage your device uses is within 15v to 21v." Does the Fanatec use AC or DC? Does the aforementioned line mean it won't work with my wheel as it needs 24V @ 2.5A?

Thanks in advance for any help :)

that looks like a safer choice at least they are saying it works at 24 volts and has the same amperage as fanatecs, but if you could get one at slightly higher amps t would last longer

Upvote 0
Thanks, I'll order it and give it a go. My wheel is about 2.5 years old so wouldn't be able to get any replacement via Fanatec without paying for it. And if the past is anything to go by their delivery prices are really expensive to the UK.

Upvote 0
Although its just over two years since the last post on this thread I had my GT3 RS wheel PSU die this morning. Thanks for posting this in 2013 as I can't find anyway to get a new one of these from Fanatec.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back