Fanatec Formula vs GT3 Redux

£350 + £180 for the magnetic shifters. Ouch. And only 27cm.

And more for the paddle clutch... but, the wheel has all the goodies if you pay for them. Unclear whether the Podium base is required for the paddle clutch or if it's just the Podium wheels that are required (this being the first Podium wheel).

@Tardy Tony - the wheel was announced late November with the black Friday special gold version. Did you miss that? The main thing to consider is whether you want to be first in line or wait long enough that new product bugs, if any, are resolved. Personally, I like Fanatec products, but always avoid being first in line because historically Fanatec new releases are problematic.

Upvote 0
I dithered over the F1 edition, was not so keen on the yellow/gold scheme and missed out but imagined the config would re-emerge in a standard production run, just when. Good timing for me.

There is a clear upgrade path with the Podium shifters too, so why bother with upgrading the shifters in any other way?

I think 50 Eur more for the massive boost in buttonality is well worth it. Size is good too.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 318 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 217 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 159 7.8%
  • < 5 years