Fanatec F1 rim - display gear instead of speed?

Discussion in 'F1 2016 - The Game' started by RaceWasGood, Oct 3, 2016.

1. RaceWasGood

RaceWasGood
    Premium

Ratings:
    +107
    The weekend sale got the better of me :) So, does anyone know if it's possible to have the F1 rim display the gears instead of speed?

2. Alex Townsend

Alex Townsend
    test Premium

Ratings:
    +425
    I can't get my rim to display anything at the moment. Edited the configuration file as per Fanaleds but nothing...

3. RaceWasGood

RaceWasGood
    Premium

Ratings:
    +107
    I'm not using Fanaleds and the rpm-leds are working and speed is displayed on the lcd. Would rather have the gears on the lcd. Thought about Fanaleds, but apparently that isn't an option then :)

4. mizz

mizz

Ratings:
    +6
    Second that. Nothing on display until now. Dashboard on Android device working fine btw.
    Has anybody suggestions?

Thanks andi

5. O H

O H

Ratings:
    +5
    Fanaleds works fine for me, I'll post the settings when I'm home today, I think it's a different port then the default one in the settings.

• Like Like x 2
  6. O H

O H

Ratings:
    +5
    Here it is, the first udp is for the Fanaleds, the second for the telemetry app, so you can ignore it:

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
    <hardware_settings_config deviceId="0x1198">
        <cpu cores="4" hyperThreading="true" hyperThreadingProcessorStride="1" />
        <graphics_card rating="1">
            <resolution width="1920" height="1080" fullscreen="true" vsync="false" vsyncInterval="auto">
                <refreshRate rate="0" />
                <windowPosition x="0" y="0" />
                <outputMonitor index="1" />
                <aspectRatio auto="true" width="0" height="0" />
            </resolution>
        </graphics_card>
        <motion>
            <dbox enabled="true" />
            <udp0 enabled="true" ip="127.0.0.1" port="30500" />
            <udp1 enabled="true" ip="127.0.0.1" port="20777" />
            <udp2 enabled="false" ip="127.0.0.1" port="20777" />
            <udp3 enabled="false" ip="127.0.0.1" port="20777" />
        </motion>
        <antialiasing smaa="false" taa="false" />
        <ssao enabled="false" />
        <ssrt enabled="false" quality="0" />
        <texture_streaming sizeInMiB="384" texelDensityBias="0.0" concurrentTextureSwaps="1" />
        <led_display fanatecNativeSupport="false" sliProNativeSupport="false" />
        <anisotropic_filter level="0" />
        <lighting quality="0" />
        <postprocess motionBlur="true" godRays="false" depthOfField="false" lensStreak="false" lensFlare="false" bloom="false" rainBeads="false" />
        <shadows enabled="true" skyShadowMapSize="512" skyShadowCascadeCount="4" skyShadowLowLod="true" worldShadowMapSize="1024" nightShadowMapSize="1024" nightShadowCharacterCast="false" nightShadowSourceCount="2" sampling="1" spotShadowMapSize="512" spotShadowSampling="0" />
        <smoke_shadows enabled="false" mapSize="1" opacity="0.0" envOpacity="0.0" updateRate="4" />
        <advanced_smoke_shadows enabled="false" />
        <particles enabled="true" distanceScale="3.0" rate="1.0" high="false" />
        <crowd billboardPercentage="100" lod0Distance="4" lod1Distance="10" lod2Distance="25" lod3Distance="70" billboardDistance="700" finDistance="1000" lod0Quantity="5" lod1Quantity="20" lod2Quantity="50" lod3Quantity="300" billboardQuantity="22000" finQuantity="5000" propQuantity="50" />
        <vehicle_reflections envMapScale="0.25" envMapUpdateMode="alternate" envMapRenderMode="cars" cubeMapEnabled="false" cubeMapScale="1.0" cubeMapUpdateMode="oneFacePerFrame" />
        <mirrors mirrorsUpdateMode="alternate" mirrorsRenderMode="cars" treesInMirrors="false" crowdInMirrors="false" highDetailMirrors="false" highDetailTyresAndCar="false" particlesInMirrors="false" />
        <weather_effects rainSplashes="false" rainSheets="false" rainBeads="false" rainHigh="false" trackHeatHaze="false" planarReflectionsEnabled="false" planarReflectionsRTScale="1.0" planarReflectionsMipTailBlur="false" proceduralCloudRTScale="0.5" proceduralCloudTiling="6" proceduralCloudQuality="0" />
        <ground_cover enabled="false" grassFlattening="false" drawDistance="60.0" />
        <dynamic_hair quality="0" />
        <skidmarks enabled="false" parallax="false" />
        <skidmarks_blending enabled="false" />
        <audio quality="high" />
        <sliders motionBlurStrength="0.000000" />
    </hardware_settings_config>
    Please verify that you have the native LED support to false, I think that messes with the Fanaleds

• Like Like x 2
  7. mizz

mizz

Ratings:
    +6
    Thank you very much. will give it a try in the evening. Think the telemetric data feed will support two devices. Already have dashboard configured with port 20777.

Andi

8. mizz

mizz

Ratings:
    +6
    so tried it, but unfortunately it did not work.
    thank you anyway

9. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur

Ratings:
    +405
    Did you ever find a way?