Fanatec F1 2021 Rim

I see Fanatec has added the new limited edition rim for F1 2021 to their site. I must say I am rather disappointed and in my opinion last years model was much better. It seems the only features are it glows in the dark and it has a dark finish apm module. What do you guys think?

It's actually very good value. I see people selling the regular V2+APM for more than this price. The only things I don't like are alcantara grips and the open bottom handles (personally I find the regular V2 more rigid). Too bad it is already sold out. I would imagine people are gonna resell these for $500 or more.

Upvote 0
Yea, I mean the apm is nice and all but it's just a glow in the dark V2 which I already have. The forged carbon and leather grips of last year were far superior and unique in my mind.

Upvote 0
To each their own I suppose, I hate the alcantara grips so I was really hoping the limited edition would have leather again this year. And as previously stated the forged carbon made it actually feel like a "unique" rim.

Upvote 0
Anyone nerded out over the 2.5 specs yet? Other than the finish, leather grips and magnetic shifters, any reason why it would be cheaper than the v2?

In any case, missing out on the F1 edition stings a bit less now - and stings less than the scalper area trying to sell his F1 for $1000.

Upvote 0
I wish they would let you buy the leather grips as a standalone upgrade. My V2 already has the mag shifter but I would really like a leather grip.
Oh yes. That's the one thing that's been keeping me away from the Formula v2. I prefer not using gloves.

I've always assumed leather would fare better (if treated properly) than alcantara on a steering wheel without gloves, but come to think of it, that's just a hunch. Does anyone have experience with that?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I wish they would let you buy the leather grips as a standalone upgrade. My V2 already has the mag shifter but I would really like a leather grip.
Have you emailed their support and asked? I needed some replacement grips a while ago (standard, not leather) and fanatec support were great about it. I can't remember how much it cost but it wasn't much at all. Can't hurt to ask if they'll sell you leather ones?

Upvote 0
I have not reached out to them myself. In the past I have seen threads that stated they would only send you a replacement in the event your grips were falling apart. I suppose it can't hurt to ask.

Upvote 0
Pretty disgusting.
People just buy this wheel to sell it on used market and make a profit.
1623166633248.png

Attachments

• 1623166602580.png
    1623166602580.png
    377.8 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just found this website selling aftermarket Fanatec grips (alcantata or leather) and rewrapping your current grips. Maybe you guys would be interested.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 340 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 8.0%
  • < 5 years