Fanatec Elite wheel base - creaking noises when turning

Guys, had my Elite base for just over six months, and have noticed over the last few days that in use in conjunction with my Formula wheel, it has started making clicking and creaking noises. I also can feel a bit more play in the wheel, which while not a lot is enough to be noticeable.

I'm surprised that it has developed as quickly as this, does anyone else have experience of this?

Cheers

Les

While I did some research (ts-pc, csl, v2.5) I stumbled upon some videos of the csl elite base doing this stuff.
From what I understood it is coming from the ball bearings that put the pressure on the belt.
They are plastic and have some play. And sometimes, or let's say it seems quite often, they start to make noises.
Google for csl elite bearing mod and you'll find threads and videos about the problem and how to fix it.
You'll have to decide for yourself though if you want to do it by your own (and contacting fanatec beforehand to get it in writing that it doesn't hurt your warranty) or just send the base in for repairs...

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 327 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 218 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years