Fanatec Drift Mode explained

Hi all, recently got a Fanatec CSL Elite (PS4) wheel and have upgraded the driver to 415 and firmware to 686. Looking to use the wheel mainly for drifting in AC. Going through the setup, I'm struggling with understanding the drift mode settings, they go from -5 to +5. Reading the official docs doesn't make much sense to me! Can anyone paraphrase them for me please? Also, if someone has a beginners drift setup for the CSL Elite WB+ for AC that also too would be much appreciated. Thx

Last edited:
I'm drifting with -2 (minus two) on AC, or as you try to stabilize in drift the wheel turns erratically, over compensating from one side to the other. When I race, I have this set to off / 0 , and as the wheel is quicker to react I get the information of what the car is doing - faster. also, I find it easier to steer out of a slide.

In rF2 I can drift at either -2 or off, mod depending, because well, the force feedback is a lot better, and many times even at off there are no oscilations.
I don't like anything above o...

I recommend you to just drive a bit and then change the setting. -5, 0, +5. Try to see how the FF feels like in each one.

Upvote 0
Hi all, recently got a Fanatec CSL Elite (PS4) wheel and have upgraded the driver to 415 and firmware to 686. Looking to use the wheel mainly for drifting in AC. Going through the setup, I'm struggling with understanding the drift mode settings, they go from -5 to +5. Reading the official docs doesn't make much sense to me! Can anyone paraphrase them for me please? Also, if someone has a beginners drift setup for the CSL Elite WB+ for AC that also too would be much appreciated. Thx
It's just "slowing down damping". At 0, you only get the resistance the wheelbase itself.
At -5 the FFB motors will actively damp any movement, making the wheel calm and heavy.
At positive values, movements get artificially accelerated.
In my opinion any positive values are complete crap. Your wheel goes crazy.
It's nice for super reactive drifting at +1 but +2 is already just madness!

I'm on a csw 2.5 and I use -3 or -2 for racing, -1 for drifting.
0 is already too fast, since the csw 2.5 has a lower base resistance internally.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back