Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kylotonn Racing Games have confirmed this September will see the release of the next officially licensed World Rally Championship video game - WRC 8.

Imaginatively titled as always, the eighth instalment to the steadily improving WRC franchise of games is set to launch on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and PC this September, and promises to be an all round improvement on previous iterations of the long running franchise.

New for WRC 8 will be a revised physics system across the many varied different racing surfaces within the game, plus the inclusion of what looks to be an already very impressive looking dynamic weather system, presumably adding a feature to allow the 100+ official WRC stages to be experienced in a variety of different weather conditions.

Of the new dynamic weather, Bigben and Kylotonn had the following to say during a brief press release to accompany the brand new announcement trailer:

"A new dynamic weather system has been developed to add random elements to the driving experience, but also to increase realism in the game. Managing the weather is a real challenge for the drivers: modified grip, car settings adjustments, tyre selection optimization, weather team relationship to ensure the best tips and information on the latest conditions. More than mere visual effects, climatic conditions become crucial, especially in the management of your career"

Of course with the title coming out toward the end of the year, the new WRC 8 release will replicate the 2019 FIA World Rally Championship season, including the latest cars and drivers from the official teams' of the category. Featuring over 50 drivers, including the returning multiple champion Sébastien Loeb in his new Hyundai, 14 different events across over 100 individual stages, WRC 8 certainly lacks nothing in terms of scale.

Most importantly of all for sim racers looking to get their rally kicks, Kylotonn have promised that "WRC 8 will go above and beyond WRC 7, especially in the steering requirements and the realistic physics of the vehicles" - one of the weaker points from previous releases.

As well as the class leading WRC cars, the new game is also set to feature a selection of vehicles from the WRC 2 and Junior WRC categories, alongside a number of historic cars. Team management is also set to play a role in the expanded career mode, with the player able to improve their car by way of upgrades and team developments, of which more details are expected to be revealed in the near future.

Exciting times for fans of sideways action.

WRC 8 releases for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and Steam/PC September 2019.

WRC 8 Release 2.jpg
WRC 8 Release.jpg

Check out the upcoming WRC 8 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news, discussions and conversation prior to the big game reveal this September!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Anyone with an OSW/Simucube that is playing this game? Do you have any vibrations or do you feel the road surface? I don't.

I've tried it for the first time with my wheel (Augury 23Nm) this afternoon and, yeah, no road feel at first. I was trying with my profile for ACC and rF2.
So, the thing is I have this wheel for not very long, and I'm not sure what I'm doing but I tried with a new profile with every direct input effect at 100%. Just putting it at 20% strength, 360° rotation and, well, it seems to work. It's quite fun, not sure if you'll like it, but at least you can feel something.

augury.jpg

I've also tried to put the Simucube at 100% and overall force in-game at 20% and vibration at 50% but the wheel feels really, really heavy while turning, it seems that the sine wave is causing that.

I've tried it for the first time with my wheel (Augury 23Nm) this afternoon and, yeah, no road feel at first. I was trying with my profile for ACC and rF2.
So, the thing is I have this wheel for not very long, and I'm not sure what I'm doing but I tried with a new profile with every direct input effect at 100%. Just putting it at 20% strength, 360° rotation and, well, it seems to work. It's quite fun, not sure if you'll like it, but at least you can feel something.

View attachment 323788

I've also tried to put the Simucube at 100% and overall force in-game at 20% and vibration at 50% but the wheel feels really, really heavy while turning, it seems that the sine wave is causing that.

Hello
i have the same problem no feeling after a weekend of different test

im using simubecube osw simracingbay 20nm

The Test Vibrations button does nothing on T300 either. I suspect it only works on gamepad, but haven't tested it.

And for those trying to get some road feel - I'm really not sure if it's even worth the hassle. There's no actual road feel, there are just canned vibrations based on the surface you are currently driving on. Same seem to apply to almost anything else except SAT.

WRC 8 Updated.jpg

A new update for the freshly released WRC 8 is available now on PS4...

… with Xbox One set to receive a similar patch at some stage later this week.

Released by Kylotonn Racing earlier this month, the prolific development team are keen to keep ahead of the curve with what can be described as arguably their finest rally game so far, dropping a new update earlier today that looks to address some of the initial bugs discovered by the community post launch.

At present an update to the PC version of the title hasn't been confirmed as in the works, but stay tuned just in case something changes over the next few weeks..

WRC 8 V1.0.3 Update Notes:

Career Mode
  • Solving an issue where the “Rain lover” skill in the Career mode wasn’t working properly.
Bug Fixes
  • Solving a compatibility issue with the Handbrake TSS from Thrustmaster on the T300 & T-GT steering wheels.
  • Solving an issue where the Lancia Fulvia HF had too much grip on the road.
  • Solving an issue for the Toyota Yaris where the wheel was still visible even with the visibility setting off.
  • The Ghost can now be activated/deactivated through the menus.

WRC 8 is available now.

For more WRC 8 news and discussion, head over to the WRC 8 sub forum and connect with fellow fans of the series.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

• Deleted member 113561

Shame it went Epic exclusive. Was thinking about giving it a shot, but I refuse to purchase from that imposter of a store
It is also not about it being on "epic store", it is that it is exclusively on "epic store". We gamers want to have choices and I will not be forced over to "epic store" and support such monopolistic practices (this also goes for console X exclusives).

Last edited by a moderator:
Shame it went Epic exclusive. Was thinking about giving it a shot, but I refuse to purchase from that imposter of a store

Why? Youre a customer, you want to play it,its only you cutting off your nose to spite your face
I really dont understand this almost virtue signal of a thing,

I bought it, and im fine, no little japanese girl with long black hair has killed me, no wierd "fate" things have befallen me.....i just.....have a game i wanted....and i can play it....

As i always say, you do you, of course.... But this just seems like youre wanting to look like youre waving a banner of some sort or....i dont know

I did the same with the new rebel galaxy game, and sinking city too.. and am thoroughly happy.

I'd got my G27 setup in a way I like then the steering went 'nervy' jerking left to right. Found the max wheel angle had set itself to 40. I am sure that max wheel angle setting was not working when I initially setup the game. I assume it is wheel rotation. I set mine to 370 for now so may increase it. So if your wheel behaves strange check the max wheel angle setting.

Consoles getting updates first..this is a whole new thing!

I bought WRC 8 on Xbox One physical disk because:

a. It was £5 cheaper than Epic Store.
b. If it was rubbish the Xbox disk had a trade-in value of £30, for the potential loss of £5 it was worth a try. (Yep I know the Epic 2hr refund thing but is 2hrs really enough to know with a rally game?)

Anyway turns out it's a great game and well worth the money, hope the updates keep coming because the career mode has plenty of bugs (disappearing crew members being the latest I've noticed)

I like Steam because it centralizes all my games. I just don't want to have them spread all over the place in different stores, so I don't buy anything that's not available there. It's not because I'm obstinate, it's because I'm lazy and a bit OCD. Shame though, as I was mildly interested in this - but only mildly.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 291 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 419 39.6%