Fanatec Customer Support?

New member here, just built my first real rig. Was formerly using nothing but a Logitech Momo wheel and pedal set, started with it many years ago, I've now upgraded to Next Level GT Track with V3 motion and all Fanatec controls.

My issue is with the clutch on the Clubsport V3 inverted pedals - it doesn't work. It functioned correctly for about two hours, then started disengaging only at the top of the travel and snapping back to full engagement with the clutch fully depressed.

I've calibrated with both the Fanatec device manager (set min/max) which does nothing, as well as doing a manual calibration within the DD1 wheel base. Nothing works, it appears to be a failed load cell.

I contacted Fanatec via their contact form four days ago, and so far all they've done is request a video of the problem. I explained the problem in great detail, and that a video of nothing happening would not be very useful. That was two days ago, no reply since then.

I've spent $3000 with this company, and they don't seem very responsive. What have your experiences been?

Thanks in advance,
Garry

Fanatec finally replied to my inquiry on why they hadn't shipped my parts. It seems they "recently had a change in their internal system", and now "a few things have to be fixed". Yea, like actually shipping orders after they take your money?

So, yet another week's delay. Over a month has passed since my first contact with Fanatec about the problem, and still no satisfaction.

Upvote 0
Thx a lot for this thread!
I was deterrmined to get one of the black friday sales, if the right package would have been available.
Looks like the QC really went downhill, because it looks like the satisfied customers got their stuff quite some years ago.
I for once, decided not to buy a fanatec product...

greetings
michi

Upvote 0
And i´m back again.

My crap is back again and the same **** after an RMA that took 3.5 weeks. Sutch a **** product and support.
What can i do to lose this **** and get my money and some compesations?
It´s really unbelievably, what kind of piece of **** this company is!!!

Upvote 0
Fanatec finally replied to my inquiry on why they hadn't shipped my parts. It seems they "recently had a change in their internal system", and now "a few things have to be fixed". Yea, like actually shipping orders after they take your money?

So, yet another week's delay. Over a month has passed since my first contact with Fanatec about the problem, and still no satisfaction.
Everybody s..t about they problem. They have our money and they do everything wrong. See my case, after an RMA it´s broken again, same problem as before.

Upvote 0
If they weren't such a 'big name' I would think that this sounds more and more like a company starting to go down the pan :O_o: It's quite a familiar pattern of quick to take the money, dropping QC standards, lack of communication and failure to resolve issues. It's like they are trying to make as much money as they can before the inevitable happens...

I certainly won't be considering Fanatec for any future purchases :(

Upvote 0
I´ve been just called by Fanatec. I got a new conatct person. We´ve talked only 5 minutes and my case seems to be solved!!
Fanatec sends me a new Base and a new rim to test them. Thats what i expect for my money!
I keep you updated guys.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I´ve been just called by Fanatec. I got a new conatct person. We´ve talked only 5 minutes and my case seems to be solved!!
Fanatec sends me a new Base and a new rim to test them. Thats what i expect for my money!
I keep you updated guys.
Meanwhile back in the USA, Fanatec customer service is still crappy. My repair parts (which they so graciously allowed me to buy) have finally arrived, two weeks after I ordered them. As you can see, special care was taken with packaging.

So now, six weeks and many videos and emails after buying my pedals, I can now look forward to the task of removing them from my cockpit once again and hopefully repairing them.

Thanks so much, Fanatec. You could have replaced my clearly defective pedals instantly and gained a satisfied customer, but instead you chose to run me around in little circles. Your unique level of service is now detailed in this six page thread with over five thousand views, and I'm sure it will do wonders for sales - of your competitor's products.

v3parts.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was considering the purchase of Fanatec wheel and pedals, however this thread is putting me off. Wake up Fanatec, here is your first "casualty" and many others will follow when reading this kind of threads.

That being said, I see there's quite a lot of people with defective Fanatec products (customer service left aside). I would really like to know what proportion of Fanatec users are actually experiencing issues. It looks like it's almost impossible to buy a full set of Fanatec products and have all of them working properly... or is there out there a huge amount of people racing flawlessly just not posting how good their Fanatec gear is?

Upvote 0
After this thread I was reeeeeeaaaaaaally rethinking buying a Fanatec product, but considered it, looking for a BlackFriday deal.
But the deal for the CLS Elite + Set is ridiculous, 699,- instead of 730,- ROFL...

Decided to keep my G29 at leas for a year - let's see what the PS5 will bring and if all hardware is still compatible then...

Upvote 0
been a month now and absolute silince from fanatec on ppl with accounts that use amazon login having no access

no access to purchase history/support for a month and fanatec have said nothing, top quality customer service there

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back