Fanatec Customer Support?

New member here, just built my first real rig. Was formerly using nothing but a Logitech Momo wheel and pedal set, started with it many years ago, I've now upgraded to Next Level GT Track with V3 motion and all Fanatec controls.

My issue is with the clutch on the Clubsport V3 inverted pedals - it doesn't work. It functioned correctly for about two hours, then started disengaging only at the top of the travel and snapping back to full engagement with the clutch fully depressed.

I've calibrated with both the Fanatec device manager (set min/max) which does nothing, as well as doing a manual calibration within the DD1 wheel base. Nothing works, it appears to be a failed load cell.

I contacted Fanatec via their contact form four days ago, and so far all they've done is request a video of the problem. I explained the problem in great detail, and that a video of nothing happening would not be very useful. That was two days ago, no reply since then.

I've spent $3000 with this company, and they don't seem very responsive. What have your experiences been?

Thanks in advance,
Garry

Wow!
If all of the responses are as presented, then this is quite eye-opening.
It is certainly not what I would have expected from a 'premier' gaming control supplier.
Sure!...they're in a market segment that has no real competition.
That said....the lower limit of the direct-drive market is not too far off Fanatec's own pricing.
Given the level of dissatisfaction, that market segment has the potential for folks to ignore Fanatec and take a closer look at those products.
It clearly would not be good for them.
I'd have thought at the very first sighting of this thread, Fanatec would have been all over it...offering elevated levels of customer support.
It is quite alarming not to witness that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Did you ever get the Pedals repaired ? Was it the sensors and pcb ? I have owned the first CPS V1's back in 2010 and also 2 of the original porsche wheels but after 2 x faulty wheels out of warranty with only few years use I was put off Fanatec wheels for good.

I bought my CSP V3 pedals in 2015 and must say they have performed really well over past 7 years with no problems. Same goes for my Clubsport shifter as it is a very nice product, no problems. It seems though that when you are unlucky enough to get a faulty Fanatec product you are left out in the cold.

In part because of stories like this though, when I came to considering a new wheel couple of years back, I chose a Simucube 2 Pro over the Fanatec DD1 and do not regret that choice at all.

It is sad that Fanatec cannot see how such dismal support has ruined their name and lost so many valuable customers as I do think their products when working correctly are fantastic.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 214 14.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%