Fanatec customer support !!

I have just received my podium dd2 in the last couple of days and orderd the formula v2 and Mclaren wheels rims with this hub. The V2 is working fine but the Mclaren wheel will suddenly lose connecton during games and none of the buttons will work. This happens in all sims and only with this rim .

My e stop is also not working with the hub. In have double checked which port it is connected into at rear of hub but it does not work at all.
Ive contacted fanatec support and had no reply after two days . Ive heard stories about this rim and poor customer service , I was hoping not to fall foul of it.. Im hoping for a response from support after spending so much money with Fanatec.
Whats the best way to get support as phone calls are not answered ....

They have a small team for the global market. That's why it can take a few days to get a reply. Rest assured though, once they reply things move pretty quick. I've had 3 warranty and out of warranty discussions with them. None have been a disappointment, not perfect, but certainly not as bad as folks make them out to be.

Also, I assume you've updated the firmware with the wheelbase and the rim?

Upvote 0
Best way is to complete the online form, uploading a small video of the issue. They jump on these pretty quickly in my personal experience.
Plus they give me decent support on well out of warranty items. They may just be very busy right now due to all the newly released products.

Upvote 0
Il give it a few days or try live web chat today so fingers crossed they get in touch.
Ive downloaded latest driver and firmware for the hub but everytime i introduce a wheel rim onto the hub and open controller properties im prompted to update to latest firmware for the rim . As soon as I select okay the hub turns off and the wheel just hangs/freezes without launching the updater software in windows 10. Not sure what the problem is .

Upvote 0
Well live chat was no good I chose the option for live chat on the Fanatec website and uploaded a video then it just hung with a spinning icon with no response so i couldnt enter into a live chat with support.
Is this really acceptable customer support. I think not !!

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 116 13.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 91 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 83 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 58 6.5%
  • < 5 years