fanatec CSW wheel and Elite 2.5 base not recognised by Win 10 after calibration and firmware update

The wheel was working fine until a few days ago, came back from a trip to find that the wheel worked but not centered properly any more. Tried calibrating it, but after calibration Assetto Corsa fails to recognise the wheel, and when I checked, nor does windows. Tried a firmware update - nothing, it's dead, it doesn't even show up on the list of devices any more.

The old X-box button light is white, but I have no idea what that means. As I swapped all the shitty x-box buttons for ones I use I have to refer to the quick guide for calibration each time, but there is nothing there to help me.

By the way, restarted the PC and the wheel, I know that it will be asked!

Help!!

Cheers

Les

Guys, I cycled through the settings, I suspect that it had flashed the firmware and re-set the base on non-windows mode, no clue why. Anyway, after messing around it was recognised by Windows so I was able to get it up and running again.

I have to repeat my call for Fanatec to make a windows based setup and control screen, as I suspect that it would have made this so much easier. Having to rely on the buttons on the wheel is just crap, as you don't have any proper feedback on what you are doing. Come on Fanatec, your devices are not cheap, why are you skimping on a control interface? Right now, if I was asked to recommend your products, I would have to say look elsewhere due to the very poor way that you force your customers to use to set up and fine tune your products, and also help diagnose issues.

Stop being cheap.

Les

Upvote 0
You have to use a combination of buttons, on my CSL steering wheel it was the 'Y' button on the right plus the top right hand button on the left hand side on the wheel, it looks like two rectangles superimposed over each other. If you download the CSL Elite manual from Fanatec, it is under 'Switching modes' on page 35

Hope this helps you!

By the way, can anyone explain Fanatec's logic here? I have a wheel and base, being used solely on a PC. I update the firmware, using a PC. It then resets everything to Playstation settings....... WTF?

Les

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Must admit I've not heard of this before... I've been a Fanatec user for around 10 years now. My Fanatec wheel, a CSW v1.0, has had no issues, but then again I'm not sure it has any other modes as I only really bought it for use on PC race sims...
My previous Fanatec wheel, the Porsche GT2 used to be for PS3, Xbox 360 and PC, never had issues switching that either.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 364 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years