Fanatec CSW V3 anytime soon?

Thinking of a wheel upgrade soon - obviously Fanatec have been focusing on the DD range, but is the CSW base likely to have a performance update any time soon, or is the V2.5 going to be on the shelves for some time to come?

I've had a search about and not found anything.

Thinking of a wheel upgrade soon - obviously Fanatec have been focusing on the DD range, but is the CSW base likely to have a performance update any time soon, or is the V2.5 going to be on the shelves for some time to come?

I've had a search about and not found anything.
I have bought a 2.5 in February and I highly doubt they will bring another update in the next few years. From their older wheels to csw 1,2 and 2.5 they got closer to the professional level every time.
Now they basically got to this level with the DD wheels.
The v2.5 has no downsides apart from not being a DD wheel.
Csw 1 to 2 was a massive power increase that was needed to simulate stronger cars. V2 to v2.5 was optimising, polishing and introducing the updateable motor software.

So I don't see any reason why a v3 should come at all. Apart from... Offering something new but there's no real thing to change. It sits right below the DD wheels on the market and above anything else out there.

But I know fanatec doesn't always go for the most logical thoughts so who knows :roflmao:

Upvote 0
I have bought a 2.5 in February and I highly doubt they will bring another update in the next few years. From their older wheels to csw 1,2 and 2.5 they got closer to the professional level every time.
Now they basically got to this level with the DD wheels.
The v2.5 has no downsides apart from not being a DD wheel.
Csw 1 to 2 was a massive power increase that was needed to simulate stronger cars. V2 to v2.5 was optimising, polishing and introducing the updateable motor software.

So I don't see any reason why a v3 should come at all. Apart from... Offering something new but there's no real thing to change. It sits right below the DD wheels on the market and above anything else out there.

But I know fanatec doesn't always go for the most logical thoughts so who knows :roflmao:
Cheers for that - my thinking too given what I can find and the reviews etc...

Upvote 0
I have the v 2.5 also and find it amazing. The only thing that needs improving in the steering wheel area at this point is the implementation of force feedback by sim developers. Some some are so good and others so poor I doubt anything better than a v2.5 would be off any use. Some early podium users saying the same. And most running it at 30% power or less.

Upvote 0
If it takes as long as the podium series to arrive on the market then I guess we'll have about 4 years until it may come, lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The gap is too small to insert another product into the line up. The 2.5 is 900 AUD and the DD1 is 1450 AUD. With the DD1 already being smaller and less powerful than most of the Small Mige's going around, and much less powerful than the DD2, what's the point of an even lower torque model when the V2.5 exists? The CSW line is already a very capable product and anyone considering an upgrade to that is already catered for with 2 direct drive offerings.

You could do it, but from a business perspective, Fanatec want people to buy into their new direct drive lineup and not for a hundred bucks more than the previous flagship.

Upvote 0
кспорт дд.png

Upvote 0
I seem to recall Fanatec saying when marketing the Podium series that basically they'd pretty much reached as far as they can go with belt-driven wheels (i.e. the v2.5 is as good as the technology gets)...The DD1 is also just far enough from the CSW price to allow both products to flourish without direct competition.

Quite happy with my v2.5 and suggest you go for it. In fact, funny enough, the biggest reason I'd ever jump from a CSW to the Podium range is the unlimited rotation...then I can drive the trucks in ATS/ETS2 at the correct 1800 degrees of rotation! :roflmao:

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing