Me and my friend r revisiting grid autosport nd we wanna see wot our best possible time around Indianapolis can b in a fully upgraded Koenigsegg Agera R but we don't know the best setup we gather gear ratio all the way 2 the right but other than that we hav no idea can any1 tell me wot the best setup wud b for the Koenigsegg Agera R please

I'm currently using Daveo's settings, with my T500 set to 1080 degrees in the TM control panel, and the Steering Saturation set to 25%, but the car feels VERY "floaty." I know this is an old thread, but does anybody have any feedback on using the full 1080 degrees in the TM control panel and then adjusting the Steering Saturation accordingly versus limiting the rotation to 300 degrees in the TM control panel?

My first few laps with the defaults, the overall steering feel seemed to feel a bit better, but there was WAY too much steering lock available.

Using Daveo's settings, the steering lock feels about right, but now the car feels "floaty" and the steering feels a little more vague than it did previously.

I'll play around on my own, just wondering if anybody is still kicking around in Grid -- I just picked it up cheap based on some recommendations I'd seen about the career mode. Seems like a good purchase so far, just need to get things properly tuned for the right "feel," and I think I'm going to have quite a bit of fun with it.

Did some testing last night and I answered my own question -- I found that for me, limiting the rotation to 300 degrees in the TM control panel results in a much better steering feel than leaving the TM control panel setting at 1080 and then setting the Steering Saturation in-game to 25%.

I'll update this post later to include all my controller settings, but at this point, I really like the way the wheel feels, and overall car control seems to have improved as well, with less of that "floaty" feeling I was experiencing previously.

I used to play Autosport with my Fanatec CSR and CSR Elite pedals now and then without any issue... Last time is a couple month ago. So now i noticed some massive lags and low fps after a while the game is running. Got a new gpu and did some benchmarks after i noticed that the game has set itself to max and 4k ^^ First run was fine but in every other one after that only got half the fps and big lags. Was fine again after i restarted the game but only for the first couple minutes... After checking windows power profile and other stuff that came in my mind to find the issue i ended up and disconnected my Wheel and Pedals. The issue was gone and was reproduceble when i plugged it back in again. The fps fall instant from 120 to around 15-20 in menu and even the menu itself stutters like crazy.

Never had this issue ever before or in other games. Windows, Fanatec Driver ect are up to date.
smile.png

From here

Hello petrol heads. I am just putting feelers out about a question i have. I own the Oculus Rift, and i am blown away by the likes of Project Cars 1 & 2 in VR, aswell as the 2 ACs.
My question/request is, if anyone knows of any rumours for a Touring Cars VR game ? (it doesn't have to be exclusive TC)
If not, i think it would be amazing in VR, simply because the experience i have had from older TC titles (including the TCs in Grid Autosport etc) is great fun, even more so (imho) because the racing is a lot closer wheel to wheel action than some of the other types, and in VR, i think would be quite exhilirating ! Thanks for any input and if anyone has the where withall to talk to devs, please forward !

• Deleted member 151827

Hey guys. I tried playing GA the other day and when i start the game with my Fanatec wheel the menu bar just keeps scrolling without me touching anything. I found a supposed fix here at RD, but it doesn't fix the issue. Any ideas? Also it seems like Codemasters has forgotten about the Grid series?

Only thing I can say is if you have had to get your pedals working using vJoy or somesuch then don't try to add the brake pedal. On my wheel it worked find without it. All I added in the end was the throttle.

I got the issue you are talking about until I removed the brake from the UJR profile.

Has anyone else had issues with getting their clutch pedal recognized? Have Fanatec ClubSport V3s, and the game sees throttle & brake just fine, but when I press on the clutch pedal it just says "unassigned". I'm hoping someone knows a solution because without the clutch it's really hard to try and stage the car... It feels like the brake is full on or partially on and I can hardly inch the car up at all.

I see. And did you used the new Autosport profile?
I do not know vorpx very well, so you tell me that basically vorpx is just a big screen for EVERY game?
Couse i think the ones profiled work like (almost) "native" vr. But i might be wrong.
Now, the problem is that Autosport have limited cockpit cam, which i am trying to mod right now to be a free cam working with head tracking.

I know this game is dead so I'm not expecting much help but I figured I'd make an attempt to get some help on an issue I'm having; it's small I'll admit.

I was wondering how do I get sponsors back on the helmets in Grid Autosports on the Steam PC version? Their just this boring blank black blop, and I really would like to figure out how I revert it back to the sponsored immersive helmets they had before in the console version. Also, please, don't tell me they don't have sponsors either, because the console version does in fact have sponsors on their helmets, and I've seen screenshots on Steam of people with their helmets sponsored. It really messes with the immersion for me, which is why I'm asking. I also received a link from another user on here that fixed the problem back in the day. However, that link is dead now and was REALLY hoping I could somehow find a fix for this issue. I also tried messaging those people I have seen on Steam with screenshots, but most only speak Russian and/or none of them have replied to me so I haven't received much luck.

I guess I was hoping it would be better here but I'm not expecting much since it's such a trivial issue I'm having with the game. Thanks!

Also that user I spoke off earlier was "baallzebub" and he said to me in that old post "I experienced the same thing... so the helmet from the grid earlier versions can fix this... here the file http://******/1Mhvs4B " (However, that file link is dead now sadly.)

Last edited:
I know this game is dead so I'm not expecting much help but I figured I'd make an attempt to get some help on an issue I'm having; it's small I'll admit.

I was wondering how do I get sponsors back on the helmets in Grid Autosports on the Steam PC version? Their just this boring blank black blop, and I really would like to figure out how I revert it back to the sponsored immersive helmets they had before in the console version. Also, please, don't tell me they don't have sponsors either, because the console version does in fact have sponsors on their helmets, and I've seen screenshots on Steam of people with their helmets sponsored. It really messes with the immersion for me, which is why I'm asking. I also received a link from another user on here that fixed the problem back in the day. However, that link is dead now and was REALLY hoping I could somehow find a fix for this issue. I also tried messaging those people I have seen on Steam with screenshots, but most only speak Russian and/or none of them have replied to me so I haven't received much luck.

I guess I was hoping it would be better here but I'm not expecting much since it's such a trivial issue I'm having with the game. Thanks!

Also that user I spoke off earlier was "baallzebub" and he said to me in that old post "I experienced the same thing... so the helmet from the grid earlier versions can fix this... here the file http://******/1Mhvs4B " (However, that file link is dead now sadly.)

the link in original post are fixed

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 136 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 370 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing