DiRT Rally 2.0 Fanatec CSW v2.5 - Is this wheel supported

Warren Dawes

Premium
Is the Fanatec CSW V2.5 wheel natively supported in Dirt Rally 2?
I have Dirt Rally and found it ok with my old G25 wheel, but since upgrading to the CSW 2.5 wheel, I can't seem to get FFB working. Steering, buttons, etc work ok, but no FFB. That wheel doesn't seem to be selectable in the Controller Options.

Before I consider DR2, I'd like to be sure that the CSW2.5 is fully supported this time around.

I've too the v2.5 and is fully supported, but in this new game FFB has some problems, the road feelings effects are very very weak and we are all waiting a patch.
There is a trick by editing a xml file, it enhance some road feelings but cause some other problems and its not ghe final solution

I'm playing both dirt rallies with my 2.5 so there seems to be a problem at your pc.
Do you have the base in a USB 3 slot? Read about fanatec gear having problems with some USB 3 of 3.1 ports so try what happens when you put it into a USB 2 slot.
Or vice versa... Seems to be a detecting problem, which I never had so it definitely works in general!

Hope you can get it working! :)

Ffb in dirt 2 is basically self aligning torque only with no feedback from the surface, no ruts in the gravel etc.
It's still fun for me, the sat force is brilliant and the car physics are a lot better. It's just not as exciting as dirt rally 1.

I'm playing both dirt rallies with my 2.5 so there seems to be a problem at your pc.

Looks like I have FFB working in DR now.
Not sure exactly what sorted it, but I followed the procedure for setting up a non supported wheel from the Steam discussion DR forum. I suspect it had something to do with the on-wheel settings where changing the set up option number (5-1, 5-2, 5-3 etc) causes it to be not detected. Looks like I had to do the non supported wheel procedure for the specific option number I wanted to use for DR, and then not change the option number.
Anyway, it now exhibits FFB, so I just need to fiddle with various settings to try to get it feeling ok.

You are talking about the presets... Fanatec's wheel have 5 settings presets (S1 S2... etc) but for default they are identical... So if you have not save some different settings into them, your problem with DR2 is not related to this.
And of course, if you use a preset where you have disabled the ffb or force value, you should have the same problem in all other games

Ok i didn't read correctly, sorry....
Anyway, i remember that v2.5 wasn't natively supported in DR1 (maybe because it wasn't on the market at the time and CM never add the support) but there was a little trick to make it work correctly, by editing some file into the game folder and adding a line with the v2.5 ID....
In DR2 the same ID is already there and the wheel is fully supported

Very true. I should've mentioned that for the V2.5, and actually for the TS-PC too, you need to use "generic wheel" or "generic steering controller" or something and then just calibrate and map everything.
In Dirt Rally 2.0 you can indeed just load the V2.5 profile and you're good to go! :)

I m very disappointed about thif DR2 FF issue. I have a expensive Fanatec setup and i cant have the same FF that I had in DR? Incredible. Step behind. I'm not playing DR2 because of this. Last adventure with codemaster game( or is my bad humor that spoke)

I m very disappointed about thif DR2 FF issue. I have a expensive Fanatec setup and i cant have the same FF that I had in DR? Incredible. Step behind. I'm not playing DR2 because of this. Last adventure with codemaster game( or is my bad humor that spoke)
I thought the same honestly. Then went back to dirt rally 1 yesterday evening and honestly... It's not that bad. Apart from surface rattle and not feeling the ruts in the gravel I like it better.
Or better said I don't like both apparently in the end...

Hi Rasmus,
Could you share your base and ingame settings for csw2.5?

These :)

But:
FF: 55-85 depending on car and mood
Rotation: 380-540 depending on car and rim
FEI: 80-100
Dri: -4 to -1 depending on car and stage surface

Rest (for/dpr/spr) to 100 or whatever the defaults

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 226 14.8%
  • < 2 years