Fanatec csw 2.5 issue

please i need your help. i get to fanatec properties and try vibration test and i have no response. ffb is ok but not vibration. is it a problem or something else?

Okay, make sure in the wheel menu that SHO is not turned to OFF, this setting controls the intensity of the shock motors but if I remember correctly it won't work in the test if it's set to OFF.

I'll be pulling my wheel out in about 40mins and can test with my BMW and Formula Carbon rims to see if that is the case.

Upvote 0
I assume the base has the latest firmware installed?

You could try dropping the shock to 10 on the wheel and testing it, this would require less current to operate the vibration motors and might help diagnosing the problem.

Also check the pins on the wheel rim side are all straight with the wheel rim removed.

Edit: meant to say pins on wheel rim not base

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It sounds like either the power supply that supplies the vibration motors, or possibly a bad connection on the wheel base side between the rim and base.

You can rule out the rims as it would be very rare to have two rims with the exact same fault and the firmware is obviously working as you can hear the motor when it's set to 40.

This would indicate the power to the motors is not sufficient, and the most probable causes would be the power supply inside the wheel base or a poor connection between the power supply and the pins on the wheel rim.

:(

Upvote 0
Vibration is usually tied to engine vibration and ABS and FFB does the rest, I usually have the vibration (SHO) set very low or off as it's annoying for me personally :)

Upvote 0
from your exp. is vibration a must and take it to service or its ffb enough. when i move over kurbs i get vibration . when i drive out of stage i get too but i dont know if it is from ffb or from vibration.
did you try your rims?

Upvote 0
Yes, both rims work normally, no flickering of wheel display when tested. I would imagine kerbs come from FFB in most sims as it's a suspension force and not a vibration.

Best way to test is set SHO to OFF and see if you loose any effects.

Also try setting FOR to OFF and SHO to a value of 50 and see if you get any effects from the vibration motors.

I could live without the vibration motors and actually have it very low or off on most of the sims I use!

Upvote 0
Personally, if I lost the vibration feature with my Fanatec base and had to pay to have it serviced then I wouldn't be sending it in for service.

I've just tried a couple of sims with the FFB off (FOR = OFF) and only the vibration motors activated (SHO = 100) and it only gave an annoying vibration that was linked to the engine RPM.

I don't think the vibration feature adds anything valuable to the FFB and if anything, it may dampen any subtle forces the FFB may be producing.

To be honest, if my real car vibrated like that through the steering wheel I'd be taking it to the garage to get checked ;)

Upvote 0
another think i notice now is that when i press the settings button, the power light on the base, turn off and turn on one time but very fast. its like there is not enough power. but i get very very strong ffb that makes me confuse about the power...

Upvote 0
The power to the wheel rim (display and vibration motors) is a seperate independent power supply from the one that controls the FFB motor in the wheel base.

It will work on a lower voltage and provide much less current than is supplied to the main FFB motor inside the base.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 226 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 223 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years