Fanatec CSR Pedal Mod

David O'Reilly

A bad quali means I can go forwards in the race.
I have a 3 year old set of plain old CSR Pedals.
I quite like them and am too stingy to spend euro 249 on Clubsport V2. I do have a CSW V2 wheel base on order however.

I have installed a basher board filter which IMO is essential in the particular pedals. I have also had to order some locally sourced springs as the brake pedal spring broke. Installing the springs gopt me interested in the mechanical function of the pedals.
Now these pedals are only Euro 79 new. So I figure that my 3 year old ones really owe me nothing now.

So I'm going to have a hack about with a DIY job. I'm ordering a shock absorber for a RC car and will try to attach it to the brake pedal to see if it is nicer than a standard simple spring.
Sort of a poor mans load cell if you like. Ill post some photos once under way.

Please report on how this mod makes the brake feel under your foot. I've ordered a pair of RC shocks that I plan to add to my Club Sport V1 pedal set. I have to design mounts and work out the best mounting points for the shocks. But the one thing I am most curious about is the feel of the oil damped shocks under the brake.

Upvote 0
Well its done.
2 X RC car dampers added to CSR Pedals.Dampers cost £9 delivered.
After spending a lot of time researching various fasteners and bolts I ended up walking to my local hardware store and spending less than £1.
So total investment £10.00

Its was a simple CSR
Now behold the CS/RS
On peformance and feel. Ive only done 20 laps and it will be a while to be conclusive as I have tens of thousands of braking zones worth of motor neurone muscle memory to ignore and replace.
But initial thoughts are: Nicer, firmer, need to get used to it. Positive maybe more so than a stiffer spring, maybe not but not life changing.
But I had fun and I made something!!
pedals_small.JPG

Upvote 0
Update,
3 months later and VERY happy.
Its a definite improvement. My brain seems to get on well with the logic of having to press it harder and further to get hard braking. I lock up less and have more braking control. So yes there is a pedal between the CSR and CSR Elite. the "CSR-S"

Upvote 0
Update,
3 months later and VERY happy.
Its a definite improvement. My brain seems to get on well with the logic of having to press it harder and further to get hard braking. I lock up less and have more braking control. So yes there is a pedal between the CSR and CSR Elite. the "CSR-S"
Hi, i have a set of CSR and i was thinking to mod the brake like you did. What shocker s did you use? Do they have any spec or all the shockers are the same?
Thanks

Upvote 0
For our purposes I don't think it differs much between them. Just a case of getting the right length.Mine were 110 mm I think.
BTW my pedals are for sale as they wont work with my new OSW package. Complete with basher board chip (solves throttle sensor issue common on this pedal).

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 161 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 304 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing