Fanatec CSR Elites Inverted Input

Hi Everyone,

I recently picked up the CSR Elite pedals, and have been using them extensively with Assetto Corsa. WOW!!! Really amazing how much of a difference they make, just love them!

The problem I'm running into is this:

After I press either the throttle or brake once, the pedal input is inverted and stuck in a "full-on" position. This is easy to circumvent with AC, as I can just click the "invert" button in controller setup. But I just picked up GRID on the Steam sale and don't see anywhere to invert the input.

So when I try to race, I have to let my foot off the gas completely for it to accelerate 100%. If I push down on the gas, the car rpm starts decreasing.

Not to mention, I can't reassign controller inputs outside of any game, because the accelerator axis is essentially pressed down at all times, and that is the button/axis that is immediately read and therefore bound when I try to bind a new key.

Long story short - is there a way to "un-invert" the input for my pedals? I'm currently on driver 177, the most recent one I see on Fanatec's website. It's worth saying that the pedals work perfectly in games where I can invert the input (Assetto Corsa, Euro Truck Simulator 2, etc.)

Thanks for the help!!

@GriffinJ
That's interesting and I'm not sure if if what I'm about to say helps at all but I have a Thrustmaster TX with a set of CSR Elite pedals using a Basherboards CPX adapter and I have no issued with GRID Autosport or any other game using these pedals but the CPX adapter does convert the CSR Elite pedal output to mimic the Thrustmaster pedal input so I don't know if that's the difference between why mine work fine and yours dont.

I really think a lot of people are having wheel, pedal and shifter issues with GRID Autosport, it seems to be the game itself and how it manages USB inputs. I can't get the game to recognize my clutch pedal and the TH8RS shifter. This game is the only game that I have this issue other than some of the NFS games but they don't full support wheels anyway other than the SHIFT games.

Upvote 0
Im using Roughly the same set up Thrustmaster T500 with a set of CSR v2pedals using a Basherboards CPX adapter with a G25 shifter.
In Grid Autosport i have the the clucth problem.
No clutch either,(it does not recognise it) but i can use my 6 speed G25 manual shifter and all the buttons. Grid 2 had the same issues apparently. (don't own it so i cant check)

Went back to stock T500 pedals and still no clutch
no clutch either with my G25 Wheel and pedals

Upvote 0
Hi All,

Thanks a bunch for the replies! I should have clarified - it is the original Grid that I was trying to get these working with, not Grid:Autosport. Also, I'm using a DFGT for my wheel, and the CSR Elites for the pedals.

Grid doesn't have a separate option to invert the axis, like Assetto Corsa and Euro Truck Sim 2. Somehow, this morning it actually detected the pedals and assigned them as "inverted axis" on both brake and throttle. I don't know why it's working now and not two days ago, but at least it's working!

I'm thinking that I may have not pressed down on all of the pedals before launching the game for the first time, so when I went to bind them they were read as a normal input, but when the game started the inverted nature of the input made everything go haywire. I'd rather not have it be inverted to avoid this, but I guess I should have just reread the manual where it says to press down on the pedals before launching a game. What's nice, is now that the controls are assigned as inverted, it seems I don't have to press down on the pedals before the game - they are read as they should. Kind of awkward to be honest, but it works at least!

Thanks again for the replies,

Griffin

Upvote 0
Glad its working Griffin, I guess we all assumed you meant GRID Autosport since it was just released, it was just on sale, and it has problems with certain hardware.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 214 14.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%
  • < 5 years