Fanatec CSR (Elite) "Wheel Wobble"

Yesterday I performed a little bit of maintenance on my CSR Elite and thought it would be useful if I shared. The problem was when I was holding the wheel in both hands I could wobble it back and forth by pushing my hands towards wheel base. This wasn't a show stopper but still quite annoying; I suspect that regular CSR wheels can suffer from this problem as well.

Here is what I did to fix it:

1. Remove the 2 screws that hold the Rim to the Wheel Base. Unclip the 2 connectors and remove the rim.

2. Take off the 6 screws that hold on the front of the rim and separate the 2 halves (be careful since the cables will not allow for the rim to fully separate)

3. Tighten the 4 small screws in the centre of the back half of the rim (where the wires come through). These were very loose

4. Reassemble the rim (be careful when lining up the paddle shifters' buttons/springs)

5. Reattach the rim, make sure the 2 Wheel Base screws are on as tight as possible (but don't over-tighten them, you do not want to wreck them).

My wheel now feels solid again (not rock-solid as it's still made of plastic, something Fanatec should have done away with on a $600 wheel but that's not for this thread)

Hope that was helpful and not redundant :thumbsup:

EDIT: it seems that I have had to take my wheel apart again since the problem has come back very quickly. This time I took the 4 screws, stripped off the old threadlock adhesive and reapplied some new stuff. Hopefully that does the trick, but I don't like the idea of having to possibly reapply this stuff from time to time (haven't even had my wheel for a year yet, jeez)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 223 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 150 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 116 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 216 14.3%