F1 2017 Fanatec CSL Setup for F1 2017

F1 2017 The Game (Codemasters)
Probably should post this to hardware; but, since this is specific to the F1 game, please forgive. I'm looking for wheel settings for the CSL Elite wheelbase for this game. I'm using the F1 steering wheel and, unlike AC, setting the wheel SEN to auto is a no go. What got me is that SEN only goes to 100 which is different than in other games IIRC. To get the wheel to move identically with the steering wheel on the screen, I have SEN set to 36 which I feel just ain't right. Here's what I got as a config right now, but I'd really appreciate someone who has spent time with the game with a CSL Elite to give me their config to try. Thanks!

SEN = 036
FF = 100
SHO = 100
ABS = 090 (tho there's no abs vibration in the game)
DRI = OFF
FOR = 080
SPR = 080 (just so it will return)
DPR = 100
FEI = 040 (100 gave the constant rattle as is the case with the CSL Elite)

Any valuable insight would be greatly appreciated :coffee:

Not much input from the forums here but I did find a working config on youtube,

Settings are something like this:
On wheel:
SEN 37
FF 60
SHO OFF
ABS OFF (I still used 90)
DRI OFF
FOR 100
SPR 100 (I turned this down to 80)
DPR 100
FEI 005 (so the ps4 csl elite does not increment on 5's so I used 10)

In Game:
FF Strength 100
On track effect 85
Curb effect 77
Off track effect 73
steering wheel resistance 90
Understeer effect On

Not bad. This is a good, usable setting. A little tweak on FFB here and there and I think it will be fine.

CSW 1.0

SEN = 220
FF = 100
SHO = OFF
ABS = OFF
LIN = OFF
DRI = OFF
FOR = 100
SPR = 040
DPR = OFF

In Game:
V&FF Strength 100
On track 0
Rumble 100
Off track 60
Wheel Weight 70
Understeer OFF

In terms of matching the hands you're gonna want to play with SEN and LIN (Linearity) in-game and on-wheel. Be conscious that matching the hands isn't necessarily going to feel good. My setup doesn't...when I tried to match it I felt like I was compromising turn-in.

There's no perfect setup, very subjective...takes trial and error even then it won't be totally right.

The in-game effects had the most impact for me in terms of "cleaning up" the feel of the FFB. You can still get good resistance from the wheel settings while allowing for greater responsiveness. Honestly whatever "On Track" is supposed to be is garbage feel-wise.

For the life of me I can't figure out how to completely get rid of the "knotchy-ness" down straights in career mode. In Time Trial it is smoother but also still there. The closest I got was lowering the SEN, messing around with LIN...but felt I was pushing the base too much. (had to have mine repaired once before so I'm a little hesistant to max things out or get too crazy).

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 90 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing