Fanatec CSL Elite pedals w/o LC

Hi,

I've got new pedals (approx one month old). Few days ago I've noticed that I have dead zone on throttle and on brakes.

On throttle I have dead zone at the beginning of the pedal travel and at the end (check attached diagram). Red line represent the whole pedal travel. Blue line 1 represents where actually throttle activates and blue line 2 represents where throttle "thinks" that it reached its maximum travel.

This behavior is same in R3R and in AC.

Any help would help :)

Thank you!

P.S. Pedals are connect to computer via Fanatec USB cable converter.

Attachments

• FanatecPedals.png
    FanatecPedals.png
    1.6 KB · Views: 446
I had this issue on my old CSR pedals.
It might be the same. (faulty potentiometers)

You can try using a tool called I think DI tweak.
It can adjust between the pedal output and the PC input.
Free and not hard to use.

Edit; called DIView and there is also DI Tweak.
I think I used the first.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So I've opened a support case at Fanatec and they instructed me to send them over and I did. To recap, according to Fanatec, deadzone is expected in pedals without LC. Bellow is their response/statement regarding dead zone in CLS elite pedals without LC:

" after discussing about your case with my supervisor and checking many other brand new CSL Elite pedals, I can confirm you that a bit of dead zone (around 15mm - if using the black flat pedal stop). As already mentioned in my previous email, to avoid any dead zone at whole, you would have to upgrade them with the LC. By using the LC kit motherboard, you would have a digital signal that can be perfectly manually adjusted in the driver."

Upvote 0
Fanatec quality... Do you have a Fanatec base? Otherwise I would get a set of T3PA-Pro. That's what I will do, whenever my csr-e fails the next time. won't spend any more money on spare parts.

Upvote 0
So I've opened a support case at Fanatec and they instructed me to send them over and I did. To recap, according to Fanatec, deadzone is expected in pedals without LC. Bellow is their response/statement regarding dead zone in CLS elite pedals without LC:

" after discussing about your case with my supervisor and checking many other brand new CSL Elite pedals, I can confirm you that a bit of dead zone (around 15mm - if using the black flat pedal stop). As already mentioned in my previous email, to avoid any dead zone at whole, you would have to upgrade them with the LC. By using the LC kit motherboard, you would have a digital signal that can be perfectly manually adjusted in the driver."

@BBKing212
I have the CLS Elite Pedal LC

And i had same problem...
Only in automobilista!!!

i had to re-assign the pedals in game. then it worked perfectly
maybe it works for you too ( if you still havend fixed it )

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 126 13.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 99 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 94 9.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 65 6.7%