Fanatec CSL Elite Load Cell Brake Pedal - Inconsistency Fix / Mod

SNY07673.jpg

So I've finally went for the massively praised load cell pedals (the now discontinued Fanatec set) only to find out that there was a major flaw in its design. I hope this helps as a cheap DIY workaround for anyone struggling with the following issue.

The issue is due to the way the load cell is positioned in the pedal, depending where you'd press on the pedal face you'd get almost no pressure or full pressure because of leverage Someone made an illustration of this. There are multiple way to go about it, you could be extremely precise where you'd position your foot or you could mod the pedal face like a karting style single bar.

My way of fixing it was to screw a metal corner plate through the holes that hold the pedals. That way I can always anchor my heel against it and that way I end up pressing the pedal in the same spot consistently. I guess you could literally screw any kind of object in there that would serve as a heel 'block'. In my case I taped a bit of tape underneath to protect it from scratching the foot rest.

SNY07662.jpg

In the end I've found that I could increase my brake pressure from 40% to 60-70% and I was immediately more consistent around laps in F1. Now it's finally time to train that muscle memory! Hope this will be helpful for anyone who owns this pedal

Attachments

• SNY07661.jpg
    SNY07661.jpg
    499.5 KB · Views: 199
  • SNY07664.jpg
    SNY07664.jpg
    391.3 KB · Views: 215

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.