Fanatec CSL Elite LC potentiometer

Hi guys, how long does it take/how much does it cost/how difficult is it to replace a pot on the CSL Elite LC pedals if one breaks? I'm considering which LC pedals would be best to get, and knowing this info would be helpful in making a decision.

Thanks in advance.

There is no 'pot' on the LC pedals, it's a load cell. It's not replaceable as it's embedded in the cast aluminum pedal arm, however there are no moving parts to wear out and I've never heard of anyone's dying.

Between the robust modular construction, adjustability, high quality components, installation flexibility and overall appearance (imo) these are by far the best lc pedal option in their price range

Upvote 0
Whilst there's no pot on the brake pedal, there is on the throttle and clutch. It's also a rather well known weak point of the elite's design.

I don't know what sort of pot is used, but I imagine it's replaceable (pots are incredibly cheap). However the other issue with the elites is that the gear that connects the pot to the pedal hinge is made of plastic and the teeth wear down after a while. I don't think it's as easy to replace the gear without going direct to fanatec.

Overall they're good pedals, just a couple of places where I really wish fanatec had used higher quality components.

Upvote 0
Worth taking a look at the new Thrustmaster T-LCM pedals which use hall-effect sensors for the throttle and clutch. Plenty of positive reviews around for them, particularly given the price point.

Upvote 0
Worth taking a look at the new Thrustmaster T-LCM pedals which use hall-effect sensors for the throttle and clutch. Plenty of positive reviews around for them, particularly given the price point.
Yep I would like to get them, it's just they are likely not going to be available for another month by the looks of it.

Upvote 0
I've replaced potentiometer on my Fanatec CSL Elite LC pedals one week ago. It's not that difficult if you get the replacement directly from Fanatec as you just need to undo 3 screws and disconnect the cable. But it's also possible to buy just the pot then you need to solder three wires.

Upvote 0
When/if mine ever go out I'll replace them with Halls, been working with them for a long time and there's some simple mods like this one that skip the pot as well as the rack/pinion. Already have the same Honeywell sensors and also a few different types made by Alegro.

Upvote 0
I've replaced potentiometer on my Fanatec CSL Elite LC pedals one week ago. It's not that difficult if you get the replacement directly from Fanatec as you just need to undo 3 screws and disconnect the cable. But it's also possible to buy just the pot then you need to solder three wires.
How much does it cost to replace them?

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%