Fanatec CSL DD review

JamKart22

Premium
Nice review.

Really tempted by this base but only have a fairly sturdy desk. Is the 8Nm version viable as every review I've seen recommends this higher power version? Did you try the 8Nm with the desk clamp?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Damian Reed

Staff
Premium
Nice review.

Really tempted by this base but only have a fairly sturdy desk. Is the 8Nm version viable as every review I've seen recommends this higher power version? Did you try the 8Nm with the desk clamp?
My desk is thicker than 60mm, so couldn't try it. However, at 8nm my NLR Challenger rig was twisting.

Upvote 0

JamKart22

Premium
This article seems to answer my question...

"The Boost Kit 180 works fine in conjunction with the optional Table Clamp Accessory and a sturdy table, but we wouldn’t recommend it if you have a cockpit or stand that flexes significantly as the additional strength is for the most part absorbed by the flex which leads to dampened fidelity and less predictable and repeatable behavior."

Upvote 0

RaceDepartment Store

High quality clutch pedal for the most demanding drivers. Precision laser cut stainless steel and hydraulic damper coupled with load cell sensor make this the ultimate clutch pedal. Buy now from simucube.com for € 250,00 Designed with CAD and FEA, all structural parts are CNC precision laser...
  • Featured
RaceDepartment
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Views
Reaction score
Reviews
The P1-X is is the ultimate platform for your sim racing experience. With an incredibly rigid structure, racing without flex is guaranteed. Buy now from /destination:https%3A%2F%2Fsim-lab.eu%2Fshop%2Fproduct%2Fp1-x-sim-racing-cockpit-533%3Fcategory%3D47%23attr%3D323%2C498%2C434']Sim-Lab.eu for...
The best possible Direct Drive wheel base designed for professional racers, racing teams, and race car drivers has an abundant 32 Nm of torque and the maxed-out torque response rate is at your disposal at any time and anywhere. Buy now from simucube.com for € 3156,89 Simucube 2 Ultimate wheel...
  • Featured
9 N·m of Torque from a Direct Drive Servo Motor The R9's 9N·m of torque can simulate a full range of steering forces and car handling characteristics. Minimum Weight & Maximum Torque Maximum torque from a compact body. Aviation Grade Aluminium Alloy Housing Unmatched quality and durability...
  • Featured
In the late 90s, force feedback technology changed the world of sim racing completely. Now we welcome the Direct Drive era, taking force feedback realism to the next level. Buy now from Fanatec.com for EUR 1.195,95 Features Custom-designed servo motor designed by our engineers and the first...
Two Grip Material Options Alcantara & Leather Comfortableness is just as important as performance. The Alcantara made in Italy offers you luxury supercar hand feel. For racers who prefer geniune leather, the fine graine leather will never let you down. Forged Carbon Fiber Magnetic Shifter The...