Fanatec Conversion Kit by SRM Issues

Hi there ladies and gents, just a simple quick question, has any body have any issues with their SRM Fanatec conversion kit as I purchased one a few weeks ago and it worked fine for the first 2 weeks .. Now, I keep getting some lost in connection issues to Fanaleds and it stops everything as I am racing or changes something etc Its like some sort of glitch, re-install Fanaled, upgraded to 2.5G, still same issues.. I have tried adding additional earthing but it has made no difference. I also thought it may be a virus/ malware but my antivirus and malware software has not found any thing ??.. Any advise...

Regards, Alex

------------------

Are you using the Fanatec quick release?

If so maybe try use the Fanatec-supplied bolt (if you have one) to properly secure the wheel side QR to the base side. I once had issues with 'ghost shifting' when using my OSW with the SRM conversion. Used the bolt and made sure it was nice and tight and have never had a single issue since.

If that doesn't work, drop Simon an email and he'll sort you out.

Upvote 0
Thanks, I think I have had it sorted as I took it all apart and and added the extra plastic to push the connector out a bit further etc.. And it seems to be behaving itself now but I need
to run a few races first...

Upvote 0
Yes connection CAN be an issue depending on what quick release, spacers and what not that you're using. That said I've had similar issues and what fixed it for me funnily enough was making sure that the latest firmware was flashed to the Teensy in the conversion hub. This makes a huge difference. I had my BMW rim doing all sorts of weird stuff and it worked for months before anything went wrong.

Also, I don't use Fanaleds as I found it to be troublesome with the conversion hub, Try not running it along with flashing the firmware to the latest version and see how you go from there. Then, add Fanaleds back in once you've confirmed that everything was going fine without it. If it starts to play up again pretty quickly, then you know to probably just use something else.

Upvote 0
Are you using the Fanatec quick release?

If so maybe try use the Fanatec-supplied bolt (if you have one) to properly secure the wheel side QR to the base side. I once had issues with 'ghost shifting' when using my OSW with the SRM conversion. Used the bolt and made sure it was nice and tight and have never had a single issue since.

If that doesn't work, drop Simon an email and he'll sort you out.

Simon is a great guy.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.8%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 305 27.6%