Fanatec ClubSport V2 Settings

Well since no one seems interested in this wheel being supported in R3E I've tried to get things to a point where the wheel is working well in this game and you can actually feel whats going on with your car.

I have the ClubSport Wheel V2 Base with the BMW Rim on it. So pretty heavy.
Basically I fired up Assetto Corsa and did laps with the BMW GTR 2 Car.
The first thing that hits you is how easy it is to drive compared with R3E.
The reason I reckon is because you can feel when you are on the edge of grip.
So after doing many laps I sought to duplicate this feel in R3E.

Here's what I've come up. It isn't perfect but it's a lot better than what I had before and now I can feel the grip levels changing. It helped me go almost 2 seconds faster around Nurburgring. (I used this track because of it's demanding corners which are very hard on tyres)

The other thing to help is to fix up the sound. First make sure your tyre noise is much louder than default.
Second turn off reverb (why this is set to 100% is beyond me) Play with other settings with the mind to getting audio feedback on what is happening with the car.

Make sure your wheel is set to 540º Rotation (Control Panel 900º) and the rest standard.
The other thing that really helps me a lot is reducing the throttle sensitivity to 20%
It is just far too easy IMHO to wheel spin the car coming out of tight corners.
(and don't get me started on the curbs!)

I turn the shift effect off because it is far too brutal even at 1% and I use Fanaleds which does a much better job.

ForceFeedbackSettings.jpg

So there you have it. Hopefully this helps some of you out with this great wheel.
I'm still tweaking it but I feel this is a great launching pad.
Hopefully Sector 3 will come up with support for this wheel soon.

Took your settings for a spin on Hungaroring with DTM2014 car.
Could be due to my setup aswell but in some corners the car shoves abit too much.
Maybe i cranck up the steering force intensity.
Set liniarity to 50, speed sensitive steering, min and max steering speed to 0.
Wheel rotation to 540 and steering lock to 24

Thanks for these, i'll give it a try tonight... appreciate you taking the time to post these.
I've got a decent feeling with the wheel already, but still much room for improvement.
Thanks again mate, appreciate it.
For those interested, i'll post my settings after i've tried this one.

BTW what settings do you have on the wheel itself?

Ta
Paul

Thanks mate. I have everything set to standard. So:
SEN 540º (in the game I have rotation set to 25) Fanatec Control panel set to 900º
FF 100
SHO 100
ABS 95
LIN OFF
DEA OFF
DRI OFF
FOR 100
SPR 100
DPR 100

I think Shock can probably come down to about 70 or 80 as the curbs are a little too violent.

My good man!! These settings are outstanding! Its literally a game changer for me.. words cannot express how happy i am that you posted these.. thank you soooo much !:)

I'm away from the rig at the moment, but when i get a chance i'll post my old settings and these with a couple of tweaks I've made (nothing major),
Once again, Mr. Lander, you are a star sir.. thank you!

These are really good settings for the CSW. I'm using the CSWv1 and it changed a lot. Much better now!! Still can be improved, for my taste of course.

Here's some changes I've made:

1: Set the wheel rotation to 900 on the Fanatec profile, and to OFF on the wheel SEN settings.

2: Shift Effect to 5% and Engine Vibrations to 35%. I think these are nice effects and the car feels alive as well in my hand. I like it!!

3: My CSWv1 wheel settings:

SEN = OFF
FF = 100
Sho = 010
ABS = 090
LIn = OFF
dEA = OFF
drI = OFF
For = 120
SPr = 100
sPr = 100

Maybe I'll change the For to 100, due to the strong ffb of this game. And let to increase inside the game when it needs.

CSW V1 is very different to the V2. But glad you like them. You certainly can't set the SEN to off with the V2 as it's not supported and it will be like driving a truck on ice around the track.

I know this thread is aimed at the v2 but we actually have another thread that mentions both v1 and v2 on the link and it happens to take us here. We may open another thread for the v1 only if it's better, but I think once v2 receives the expected support for Race Room, the differences in adjustments will get even close.

@Sean Lander Just need to thank you for sharing your settings, I've been running your settings fully for a couple of days and they where good. I did however change back and forth a bit and compared with my settings, then started combining them, I wound up with using your on wheel settings and my ingame FFB settings, that gave me the overall best feel. All testing was done with the GTR2 RUF on Zandvoort (and Get Real ofc).
So here's my ingame FFB settings;
2015-06-21_00001_062115_015239_AM.jpg
2015-06-21_00002_062115_015357_AM.jpg

These settings combined with your on wheel settings gave me much better feel for what the car was doing compared to my only or yours only.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 455 39.3%