Fanatec Clubsport V1 Pedal Mod (So Far, So Good)

I recently bought a used Fanatec Clubsport V1 pedal set. Been using the pedals for about 2 months and thought I would figure out how to add a shock damper like the V2 pedals have. From the many results that came up in a Google image search on this topic, there are many ways to pull this off. I choose a method where I would not have to drill into the break block. My design adding a flat aluminum bar, drilled and taped between the front supports. This bar supports and shock bracket. This is a unfinished design, so the bolts are still yet to be trimmed and lock-tite in place. Later, I will round off the bracket and shorten the bolts.

The initial tests, to gauge feel and range of motion are looking and feel very good. There is definitely more of a hydraulic feel to the brake pedal. to achieve this, I filled one of the shocks with an even mix of 80 weight silicone shock oil and Dif-Lube, a silicone oil for RC differentials. The other shock is 100% 80 weight shock oil. I used two shocks, because they are a bit smaller than some of the larger shocks used in upgrades for the Clubsport V2 pedals. This also allows me to play with percentages of stiffness between the two shocks. The shocks are 93mm long and came with 3 sets of plungers, I am using the 3 hole plungers for now.

As you can see, the brake pivot it located at the second hole. This is a much better location for the pivot as it reduces the pedal travel and allows for quicker modulation and brake control, at least for me; that is.

20150104_134851_zpswzb73fcn.jpg

20150104_134819_zpsloalpewp.jpg

20150104_134753_zpsz5agvkmr.jpg

Hey guys I'm very late to this but looking to source an aftermarket shock to add to the V1s. There was a kit available some years back but doesn't seem to be available anymore?

Upvote 0
Drill a Hole, Make a small 90 degree bracket our of some Aluminum and Use the Mugen Shock, If i recall the kit way back when your thinking about used a Sub grade Cheapo shock, Similar quality to the craptastic Fanatec V2 "piggyback" unit.

Upvote 0
Drill a Hole, Make a small 90 degree bracket our of some Aluminum and Use the Mugen Shock, If i recall the kit way back when your thinking about used a Sub grade Cheapo shock, Similar quality to the craptastic Fanatec V2 "piggyback" unit.

You are correct regarding the cheapo kit thats what I was looking at. But I have heard of the Mugen mod. Is there a how to anywhere on how to do the mod?

Upvote 0
Just Google "Fanatec Clubsport V2 Mugen Mod" and many pages will pop up on various sim Sites,

I found the mugens way back when and they are LEAPS and BOUNDS better than any cheap China shock you'll get.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 76 12.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 54 8.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 36 5.9%
  • < 5 years