Fanatec Clubsport Shifter Question

Hey there

I have been using a Thrustmaster TH8 shifter (which is pretty great already), but i am upgrading and ordered a Fanatec Clubsport Shifter SQ v1.5, and am having issues getting the RJ-12 cable from the shifter to the computer to connect properly. Note that i am also running the RJ-12 cable from the shifter into the Fanatec Clubsport USB adaptor that is attached to the computer. Also, note that i have NO other Fanatec products (i.e. i cannot plug the cable from the shifter into a Fanatec wheel base since i am using an Accuforce V2 steering wheel and also using HE Sprint pedals)

My sim rig is about 7 feet from my computer, so i have to run a long RJ-12 cable from the shifter to the computer itself.

I can do a test and setup the shifter and the shifter works great IF i use the Fanatec supplied short RJ-12 cable. However, in real practice, i MUST have the longer RJ-12 cable that is 10+ feet long, and when i use the longer RJ-12 cable that i bought from Amazon, the game doesn't see the shifter properly any longer. Ugh.

Here is the longer RJ-12 cable i bought on Amazon:

I have talked to Fanatac customer support and they said that sometimes there are issues when not using the supplied (short) Fanatec RJ-12 cable, but they wouldn't offer any ideas on what kind of long RJ-12 cable to get to replace their short RJ-12 cable.

Any ideas on how to get this shifter to work with a longer aftermarket RJ-12 cable?
What kind of cable exactly would work?
Why doesn't the longer RJ-12 cable above work?

Thanks!
Randy Flowers

Hey there

I have been using a Thrustmaster TH8 shifter (which is pretty great already), but i am upgrading and ordered a Fanatec Clubsport Shifter SQ v1.5, and am having issues getting the RJ-12 cable from the shifter to the computer to connect properly. Note that i am also running the RJ-12 cable from the shifter into the Fanatec Clubsport USB adaptor that is attached to the computer. Also, note that i have NO other Fanatec products (i.e. i cannot plug the cable from the shifter into a Fanatec wheel base since i am using an Accuforce V2 steering wheel and also using HE Sprint pedals)

My sim rig is about 7 feet from my computer, so i have to run a long RJ-12 cable from the shifter to the computer itself.

I can do a test and setup the shifter and the shifter works great IF i use the Fanatec supplied short RJ-12 cable. However, in real practice, i MUST have the longer RJ-12 cable that is 10+ feet long, and when i use the longer RJ-12 cable that i bought from Amazon, the game doesn't see the shifter properly any longer. Ugh.

I have talked to Fanatac customer support and they said that sometimes there are issues when not using the supplied (short) Fanatec RJ-12 cable, but they wouldn't offer any ideas on what kind of long RJ-12 cable to get to replace their short RJ-12 cable.

Any ideas on how to get this shifter to work with a longer aftermarket RJ-12 cable?

Thanks!
Randy Flowers
Can't help with the RJ-12 cable, but have you tried using a USB extension cable instead? So use the original fanatec rj12 cable, into the adapter, then into a male/female usb cable. Might have more luck.

Hey there

Thanks!
Randy Flowers

You need a straight wired RJ12 6p6c cable, looks like you bought the reversed wired version

u2nBvVEvrq2xARDejBn0__SJaHnKGHnyIvJMKxSR_Sfjo3kUVBokgdS_ub-em-XMaLtnlSRoFONeH8pShpEu5kdd2Xru2OG0Vm1pRkN1aVfBXv9XGTJB1NdX_dUDLVMnXRrEYJvg

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 191 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.8%