FANATEC ClubSport Formula V2 Wheel - Unboxing, Setup, Testing & Review

Well it's been a long 3 months waiting, but the FANATEC ClubSport Formula V2 wheel I pre-ordered way back at the start of December has finally arrived!

In this video I'll unbox it for the first time in front of you, then get it all set up and put it to the test in F1 2018 to see how it compares to my Formula Carbon wheel and most importantly, if it was worth the upgrade.

My main purpose for purchasing this wheel (and yes I paid full retail) was to be able to use the thumb wheel rotary encoders to quickly change ERS and Fuel Mix modes without having to take my attention off the road ahead. I had previously been using a button box or the buttons at the top of my Formula Carbon wheel to do this, but it was rather distracting and cumbersome and more often than not resulted in me losing time on track.

NOTE: This is not a sponsored video. I paid full retail for all the products you see in this video. All opinions and views are entirely my own. That said if you'd like to purchase any of the gear you see in this video, using the affiliate links provided below is a big help for the channel!

Hi, I posted this question in the comments section of your video, but I was hoping either you or anyone else with this wheel could help answer the following for me:

On mine, even when I set SHO to 0 or OFF in the tuning menu, I still get noticeable vibration in the hand grips; and correspondingly, when I turn it up to 100, there's no noticeable increase in vibration. Is this normal? I would've thought that OFF would mean the vibration motors would shut off completely.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 219 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 161 7.8%
  • < 5 years