PC1 Fanatec announce wheel support for Project Cars on PS4 & Xbox One

Project Cars Fanatec.jpg

Fanatec and Slightly Mad Studios have recently announced that selected existing Fanatec wheels will be compatible with Project Cars on PlayStation 4 & XBOX ONE.

It's good news for Fanatec users who can now look forward to playing Project Cars on next gen consoles. It appears only CSW v1 & v2 users can use their wheels on the XBOX ONE whilst PlayStation 4 supports quite a few more. Full compatibility list below.

PlayStation 4:

Porsche 911 Turbo S
Porsche 911 GT2
Porsche 911 GT3 v2
CSR
CSR Elite
ClubSport Wheel Base
ClubSport Wheel Base v2

XBOX ONE:

ClubSport Wheel Base
ClubSport Wheel Base v2

Although likely; there has been no indication whether users will have to perform a firmware update to enable this functionality nor do we know if this will mean compatibility extends to other next gen racing titles already released, let's hope so!

Yea, also from a long time Fanatec owner, I have lost trust in their quality of build...have had Gt2 (2) and Elite (2) I really hope they are not overrated. I personally have lost all confidence in them, at $900....plus..no thanks.

Last edited:
Yea, also from a long time Fanatec owner, I have lost trust in their quality of build...have had Gt2 (2) and Elite (2) I really hope they are not overrated. I personally have lost all confidence in them, at $1000 plus..no thanks.

I'm the same way. After my CSR (cost as much as the xbox 360) broke after 9 months of normal use, they blamed it on me, and breached their 2 year warranty. I've been through two pedal sets, both broken, but now pieced together. Only one FFB motor works...build quality is plastic garbage compared to similarly priced wheels, esp. Logitech G27 and Thustmaster TX Italia. Microsoft was smart to drop them.

Could not possibly agree with you more Robert, especially with very few racing games anyway for next gen consoles, that kind of dosh is insane IMO, with a few friends , along with people I don't know posting problems already on the CSW2,.I am going to hang on to my 360 and Elite until it hits the graveyard...should be soon as I have replaced two motor blocks in only 3 years with my Elite......sad. I sure as hell love my CSP though!!

I kinda hate to bash Fanatec as their CS has always been outstanding, but a real pain , fixing my wheel and shipping it back, etc. A 3 year user of the CSR friend of mine , just bought a TX and he was a huge Fanatec fan, and says the TX is worlds apart. He told me today, he never could believe the tx was that much better.

Last edited:
Bingo. As you were typing I was fitting my new Ferrari all rubber new wheel attachment onto the TX base.
Ferrari%20GTE%20Wheel%20Add-On-rseat2-600-936x936.jpg

I realize I got the low end Fanatec, but when the plastic (like the kind you find on cheap toys) covers most of the wheel, and the pedals literally have a 60% failure rate, and the wheel cannot take anything more than open wheel FFB (it does not center, never did really), and the D-pad breaks...all within the 2 year warranty period...and then you get one guy in Germany who acts like he's got the customer service of a 5 year old (I'd have sued them and won 3x damages, but I just moved on), then you have a company that is entirely unreliable.

Thrustmaster is not without its own problems, as they only exist in France and Montreal, but to their credit, when my buttons stopped working on my TX, they shipped me a replacement base (didn't work), then a replacement wheel (worked), and now I have two wheels! They really don't care to have the replacement back I guess. In any case, they aren't getting it. lol. But the build quality is sublime. I am 100% convinced that racing, especially on the console, is brought to life more -- much more -- with a great wheel than a great console. Xbox/PS4...no diff. MadCatz/Thustmaster....massive difference. And I'll never touch a Fanatec again. You can fool me once....
It's hard to describe how great this TX feels. It has 12 separate movements/vibrations that mimic various things in a car, like gear chirps, torque steer, different surfaces, crashes, on and on. It's so much of a joy...you just need a backup or an extended warranty. And buy from Amazon. You will never regret it, even though I have had troubles. It's worth it. Every last inconvenience. The guys at Inside Sim Racing agree. In fact, they say the TX is as good or better than they $800 Thustmaster. And both are loaded with extras and detachable options, including pedals and F1 wheels. But the base is so strong that the FFB will rip your hands off. That's what I like. Of course, I dial it down, but it's nice to know it's there...and it's that powerful. Calibration is also powerful.

@ Robert ...WOW! That's strange...lol I am glad to hear your positive report. I think their were problems with the early adapters, but seem the wheels (TX) and others are more reliable now. T Master is really on a roll, but being semi-burnt I am all ears to people like yourself, before I make a final decision.
Hey , BTW, I get a kick out of watch'n you boys race with GAS. I love the videos, but have alot of physical issues where I cant hardly play any more...Total left and rt shoulder replacement. Not that you would have me anyway...lol The day I have to go back to a controller, even physical reasons...I Quit! Wheel only for rac'n games/sims IMO.

Dumb ass should have quoted you, seeing someone else is participating in conversation

Last edited:
No problem...thanks
I'm the same way. After my CSR (cost as much as the xbox 360) broke after 9 months of normal use, they blamed it on me, and breached their 2 year warranty. I've been through two pedal sets, both broken, but now pieced together. Only one FFB motor works...build quality is plastic garbage compared to similarly priced wheels, esp. Logitech G27 and Thustmaster TX Italia. Microsoft was smart to drop them.

Bingo. As you were typing I was fitting my new Ferrari all rubber new wheel attachment onto the TX base.
Ferrari%20GTE%20Wheel%20Add-On-rseat2-600-936x936.jpg

I realize I got the low end Fanatec, but when the plastic (like the kind you find on cheap toys) covers most of the wheel, and the pedals literally have a 60% failure rate, and the wheel cannot take anything more than open wheel FFB (it does not center, never did really), and the D-pad breaks...all within the 2 year warranty period...and then you get one guy in Germany who acts like he's got the customer service of a 5 year old (I'd have sued them and won 3x damages, but I just moved on), then you have a company that is entirely unreliable.

Thrustmaster is not without its own problems, as they only exist in France and Montreal, but to their credit, when my buttons stopped working on my TX, they shipped me a replacement base (didn't work), then a replacement wheel (worked), and now I have two wheels! They really don't care to have the replacement back I guess. In any case, they aren't getting it. lol. But the build quality is sublime. I am 100% convinced that racing, especially on the console, is brought to life more -- much more -- with a great wheel than a great console. Xbox/PS4...no diff. MadCatz/Thustmaster....massive difference. And I'll never touch a Fanatec again. You can fool me once....
It's hard to describe how great this TX feels. It has 12 separate movements/vibrations that mimic various things in a car, like gear chirps, torque steer, different surfaces, crashes, on and on. It's so much of a joy...you just need a backup or an extended warranty. And buy from Amazon. You will never regret it, even though I have had troubles. It's worth it. Every last inconvenience. The guys at Inside Sim Racing agree. In fact, they say the TX is as good or better than they $800 Thustmaster. And both are loaded with extras and detachable options, including pedals and F1 wheels. But the base is so strong that the FFB will rip your hands off. That's what I like. Of course, I dial it down, but it's nice to know it's there...and it's that powerful. Calibration is also powerful.

Nice. I've been thinking about getting a next gen console in autumn as I miss playing NHL, and seeing that Turbo S is supported on PS4 gives me another reason and also decides which one to buy of the two consoles.

@ Robert ...WOW! That's strange...lol I am glad to hear your positive report. I think their were problems with the early adapters, but seem the wheels (TX) and others are more reliable now. T Master is really on a roll, but being semi-burnt I am all ears to people like yourself, before I make a final decision.
Hey , BTW, I get a kick out of watch'n you boys race with GAS. I love the videos, but have alot of physical issues where I cant hardly play any more...Total left and rt shoulder replacement. Not that you would have me anyway...lol The day I have to go back to a controller, even physical reasons...I Quit! Wheel only for rac'n games/sims IMO.

Dumb ass should have quoted you, seeing someone else is participating in conversation

Well, you are certainly welcome to join a race in GAS anytime you want. I'm as slow as Christmas, so it's not going to make a bit of difference. Besides, the next track is wide and fast, with lots of runoff. The think about the Thrustmaster is that it feels like a real car. There is no gear-ish feeling, so you really get the sensation of driving. Of course, it's not going to produce g-forces, but even on Forza 5 I can really tell the difference in all sorts of physics with each car. On Forza 4, that was not even close to reality. Sure the game improved, but I think it's 50% wheel at least.

Well, you are certainly welcome to join a race in GAS anytime you want. I'm as slow as Christmas, so it's not going to make a bit of difference. Besides, the next track is wide and fast, with lots of runoff. The think about the Thrustmaster is that it feels like a real car. There is no gear-ish feeling, so you really get the sensation of driving. Of course, it's not going to produce g-forces, but even on Forza 5 I can really tell the difference in all sorts of physics with each car. On Forza 4, that was not even close to reality. Sure the game improved, but I think it's 50% wheel at least.
Thanks so much for the invite, but I have to really take it easy for a couple more months. This is confirmation that TM has improved the initial first wheels. Am I correct? I and many others have voved not to EVER< EVER pre order a game again, b/c of the aggravating little bugs, like in GAS...i.e. ...no rear view mirror but we have helicopters , balloons, birds, etc. instead of writing code for something as simple as a rear view mirror, although that is the norm...only FM$4 for this console gen, oh and Race Pro I think have a RV mirror option.
EDIT...I.m sorry I still am recovering from shoulder replacement.

Sorry Robert I went off topic, but I think the TM TX 458 is a good wheel, but what race games.?I have a couple mates that say FM5 is a bore ass, and lousy FFB...True?

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the invite, but I have to really take it easy for a couple more months. This is confirmation that TM has improved the initial first wheels. Am I correct? I and many others have voved not to EVER< EVER pre order a game again, b/c of the aggravating little bugs, like in GAS...i.e. ...no rear view mirror but we have helicopters , balloons, birds, etc. instead of writing code for something as simple as a rear view mirror, although that is the norm...only FM$4 for this console gen, oh and Race Pro I think have a RV mirror option.

Sorry Robert I went off topic, but I think the TM TX 458 is a good wheel, but what race games.?I have a couple mates that say FM5 is a bore ass, and lousy FFB...True?
Whenever you are ready to race Roger come on over to the Grid Autosport section and you would be more than welcomed. You could even come along and just spectate initially if you fancied :thumbsup:

Myself and a few others will still running around there for some time as several of us are still going to be on the 360 for the forseeable future unless the financial fairy hits us with the magical money dust ;)

10-4 thank you for the invitation, but if I cant race at physical potential, I just get pissed, and dont want to mess up only two months out of a serious surgery, not to mention , my "good arm needs replaced again after 15 years.
It is what it is Robert, and I really appreciate your invite. You might know my best friend...omracer65.....he will hate me for putting this on the forum, as he follows it. He is all about being a super clean racer, and he drives me nuts ....ina good way of wanting the Rear view mirror, which only makes sense IMO. To Codies if you still exist, LOVE ALL YOUR GAMES F!....THE BEST!! I have millions and milions of helicopters in SW FL (DEA)...and Birds galore. I Live in the swamp...Naples,FL. Codies, give me a RVM, and take out the wasted memory (CODE) of birds and choppers!!!

Thanks for everything Robert, and when my shoulder heals, I will definitely participate. Have a great day! Good luck on catchn me unless I don't know the track! My gamertag is not by accident....KetchintheApex. Gregger has nothing on me! LOL!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob

Hey! We need a Pace Car! How about that? Deck it all out and sit on the sidelines until @Matthew Booth slams into a rail. Or wins after slamming into a rail. :p But feel free to spectate also. Sometimes we get a little too ambitious, although this track should be smooth sailing. Quite a few Apexes to catch at Autosport...and really the mirror thing has been somewhat mitigated when we use our lookaround buttons. :redface:. Oh, and the last race is a Demolition Derby. Points go from last standing to first out. Damage on. If you can't move, or get killed, you are out. lol. Should be fun. That's where the game is particularly strong...in the atmosphere. To be honest, I think it's one of the Codeis best efforts considering it was rushed. We also play Shift2 if you happen to have that. Couple of ovals coming up...easy on the arms!

This shows that SONY have been lying to us all along about not supporting legacy wheels.

They claimed that Fanatec and Logitech wheels could not work because they "did not have the correct hardware authentication chip like the new Thrustmaster wheels" - yeah right...:poop:

That's a nice wheel Robert.. I might be swayed to the thrustmaster now. How much did that set you back. Can you buy that rim with the base, or do you have to start with the Ferrari rim?
@Roger Snead, I'm familiar with Omracer65. We race together quite a bit on Grid, in fact he's my #1 Level up buddy on Grid and loves to run any track and any car. I have been trying to get him to run Grid with us, but he just prefers to follow the thread for entertainment.

That's a nice wheel Robert.. I might be swayed to the thrustmaster now. How much did that set you back. Can you buy that rim with the base, or do you have to start with the Ferrari rim?
@Roger Snead, I'm familiar with Omracer65. We race together quite a bit on Grid, in fact he's my #1 Level up buddy on Grid and loves to run any track and any car. I have been trying to get him to run Grid with us, but he just prefers to follow the thread for entertainment.

http://www.thrustmaster.com/products/categories/racing-wheels-0&tid=1017

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 360 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing