Alright when was that again.....?

Either do a 100 % esport championship or a real life one. Don't mix.

What would soccer teams say if they had to play FIFA for real life points or hockey teams playing NHL ???

It just doesn't add up.
Maybe if fifa would be played by 11 people per team that run on a 360° treatmill with vr headsets and ball-hit-feedback in the feet and head, things would be different.

Always the same stupid comparison with fifa or NHL.

Simracing and real racing have the same inputs, same cockpit dimensions, pretty accurate physics and the only difference is the lack of g-forces and nuances in the physics.

Now if these e-sport competitions would be with a gamepad on a couch and using forza, it would be comparable to fifa VS real football...

Saw this tweeted out - very few of the comments were favourable.

Even as the hardest of the hardcore sim racing fans, we still realize sim racing is not comparable to real-life racing and one should not affect the other.

Define "comparable".

Is it a 1:1? Of course not...but I'd imagine there are many comparable qualities to it, especially if using higher end hardware (DD wheels, pedals of similar feel to real world counterpart and something that gives a very high FOV like VR or triple monitor/surround projection). It also has the added bonus of exposing our still very niche hobby to a bigger audience. We clearly still have this divide in our community between those that aren't happy that some of us take it too seriously vs. those who think some of us don't take it serious enough. I don't know if merging the two worlds will ever help with this, but one huge benefit I see is getting feedback from ALL drivers of a specific series on how a sim feels. This has never happened before (normally you get drivers from all over...a Nicky Thiim here, a David Perel there) and I can see that as a really good thing; their feedback will hopefully push Kunos and other developers to higher levels or realism in the future. 1 or 2 drivers' opinion is one thing...the entire field giving a majority opinion is something else entirely.

I'm also glad to see that they will be on-site events with the same hardware, as my primary concern had to do with possible hacking or using an alien esports substitute to drive. Hopefully all involved manages to make it a glitch-free experience.

"Inside the car, he’s the fastest driver ever to have lived"

hahahahahhahaha

Seriously start to read some racing history dude

Generationally, drivers have always gotten faster, across pretty much every discipline in motorsport, but particularly F1.

Jackie Stewart or Senna in their prime would not have had a cat in hell’s chance against the mob today. Not because they were bad drivers, but because they raced in a different era where drivers were as intensely/well trained as they are now, and in F1, more for the old old drivers but the level of physical strength and training required to drive a current car for race distance is greater too.

I’m not diminishing from the achievements or greatness of the greats in racing history, it’s just simple fact. They were absolutely stand out drivers in their generation, but that does not equal outright speed.

Last edited:
I think the people they want to influence are the youth, who are the future, and if they're influenced today, they may carry it with them into their future. It's hard to influence people over a certain age, so they probably aren't speaking to us.

• Deleted member 217114

Some dude told me.. What if the player gets disconnected or there's a physics flaw discovered? Something in me says just don't do it, and I am sure there's people involved that only see money flowing, yachts, big cars and all that.

Personally I like simracing, and have a dedicated rig, but I dont want his lovely niche become another cash-grab with influencers, streamers, youtubers, and what not and national tv etc. The niche, the scene, the pub-like ambiance, the simhardware does appeal me a lot.

I'm surprised that so much of the pushback is from the sim racing community.

Many of us have advocated for the legitimacy and realism of sim racing, and when sim racers get seats in real racing we celebrate. But this has really angered some people in the community.

Personally I think this is the biggest validation our niche hobby could get. I'm happy. You could make the argument that it fringes on de-legitimizing real racing, but as a sim racer I think it's pretty cool.

I mean, if the guys at Fanatec spend the money to sponsor SRO leagues of course they want a return and that is real drivers using Fanatec gear which means sim racing. And it's nothing new for SRO and ACC: there have already been SRO-sanctioned esports events using ACC with real drivers racing in them. It's been almost a year now and the feedback both from the drivers and from SRO has been very positive, so well they want to continue, plus they landed a good sponsor.

Of course, the moment they start awarding constructor points to these e-races things become more competitive. My understanding is that they have thought about that and in order to prevent cheating these races will be done "on-site" at the track on a series of identical rigs. Once all hardware is the same and everybody is in the same room, there isn't much cheating you can do. Of course hardware can fail but I hope they have backups.

In terms of software failure or physics flaws, ACC is being played by thousands of people every day in sprint and endurance races lasting up to 24 hours. I think most of the issues have been ironed out already. And any more work done on improving ACC is more than welcome.

Last edited:
Also will mean more esports getting shoved into the game and less improvements for offline racing. ACC AI can be pretty bad, guess offline multiclass will never be a thing now.

Eventually, this genre will be MP only with all these focus on esports. Still, by then, it will be EV racing so that won’t be my concern anymore.

This is not good, and it will not end right.
If they want to go for simracing, then do a parallel league with the same drivers, cars, teams, prices, and everything you want, but not mix them. Something like M1 Pro car did in the old days.

So drivers having negative feedback is hardly new, but how will that work here. Frankly I don't think every driver will be pleased with ACC. But with Fanatec sponsoring and now directly impacting their championship, will they be silenced? I don't like this at all.

I personally like the Idea because Real Racing and Sim Racing is in my eyes absolutely comparable. Of course in Sim Racing we dont have the Fear to get hurt in Crashes and we miss real GForces, and also the best and most expensive Motion Rigs cant reproduce the Feel of GForces like in a real car or Racecar. But besides the Gforces, Real Racing and SimRacing is pretty close in my eyes and because of that I still think the Idea of mixing both worlds in this kind of a way together is crazy but I like the Idea.
The world is changing at the moment extremly rapidly and sadly I'm not sure if we will have Real life racing in 10 years the same way we can enjoying it now. I hope I'm wrong about this point, but time will tell.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing