FANATEC 911 GT2 Wheel - Spare Parts?

Hello guys. Do you have any idea where could I obtain or manufacture a spare part for my Fanatec 911 GT EU WHeel?

I somehow managed to break one small cogwheel between the FFBmotor and optical sensor during an online race. The optical sensor is now not working as it should.

I have contacted Fanatec to order a spare part but they dont have one.

A part so small, and the whole wheel (and my homemade cockpit) is useless :(
Do you guys have any idea where could I find or manufacture this part?
If you know somebody who has a broken Fanatec steeringwheel I would be so thankful if oyu point them to me.

Thank you!

Attachments

• fanatec-porsche-911-gt2-gaming-wheel_100334507_m.jpg
    fanatec-porsche-911-gt2-gaming-wheel_100334507_m.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 428
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 518
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 623
Thanks Eddie for the tip! :)
I think that it maybe could be used in its 16-tooth version.
However, I managed to find a realy nice guy at Fanatec support who somehow found a broken returned 911 GT2 EU Wheel, dismonuted the exact same cogwheel and they sent it to me. It arrived in less than a week from Germany to Slovakia for around 20 Euros (part+handling+shipping costs), so I just have to put it back in and hopefully the wheel will work same as before :)
So big thumbs up for Fanatec and its Support. They were really helpful, even I bought that wheel from second-hand and was not in warranty, so happy customer here :)

Also if somebody will stumble upon this thread in the future with similliar problem:
I also found a quite interestining fact about that particular cogwheell - it was manufactured with a pretty bad defect - the hole for center shaft was misaligned. It jus was not in the center at all. I think that this was the reason it got damaged in the first place. Now I realise that a few months before it broke, I experienced a situation while driving it, where I had to do a really fast correction with the wheel (car went to oversteer) so I countersteered it quite harshly - from that point, I could hear pretty loud "ticking" noise while rotating the wheel. That was the moment the wheel started to go bad...and after a few racing sesssions after It just went completly bad. I think that this would not happen, if the center-shaft hole was aligned properly, but who knows. It would be much better if that wheel and also the wheel on optical sensor was made from some metal, not plastic.
If somebody needs help in the future with similiar problem, I managed to create a vector-drawing of the wheel for CNC or 3D print to manufacture it so just drop a message or post a reply and I can send it to you.

Attachments

• overlay.png
    overlay.png
    739 KB · Views: 444
Upvote 0
If somebody needs help in the future with similiar problem, I managed to create a vector-drawing of the wheel for CNC or 3D print to manufacture it so just drop a message or post a reply and I can send it to you.
Nice sharing mate.
But keep in mind that these types of gears are better to be PPE-made for better superficial hardness and less friction. Unfortunately you can't 3D print in PPE, but ABS is a good alternative and preferred over PLA for this type of things.

Upvote 0
Also if somebody will stumble upon this thread in the future with similliar problem:
I could hear pretty loud "ticking" noise while rotating the wheel.

Here I am :)

Got the same issue on my Fanatec CSR which looks identical inside to your GT2.

I'm now getting the ticking noise when I rotate the wheel.

I took the top off the wheel base and the same cog has now split but it hasn't lost any teeth, yet.

Can you still make these? I need one.

Upvote 0
Here I am :)
Can you still make these? I need one.

Hi Jack. SOrry for super late replay. I somehow did not log in here for a year...

I ended up NOT fabricating one myself because the guys at fanatec were so nice that they managed to open one wheel they had sitting on a shelf (probably broken one) and have taken the cogwheel out of it and sent it to my by mail.

Here is the drawing I made when I thought I will be trying to 3D print one. It is as accurate as I could make it. Maybe it helps to somebody.

If anyone will manage to 3d print one, please post here whether it worked.

Download the cogwheel template here:

Upvote 0
It has been a while, it's ok :)

Thanks for the files, I probably won't look into getting it printed anytime soon but handy to have anyway.

My wheel still works, but i've been using it less recently. Thanks again.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 318 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing