Fan-made near-future F1 concept

04 - Ygw0iKJ.jpg

Andries Van Overbeeke, a designer from the Netherlands, put together this fantastic F1 concept for the near future. The design features a low, curved rear wing and far wider tyres compared to 2015's cars.

The car doesn't conform to any existing rules, but is Andries' interpretation of where F1 may be in the near future. Very wide rear tyres, a low rear wing and neatly packaged rear could well be the future of F1. Critics of the concept say that the design would lead to aptly named 'Trulli trains', and some prefer the new aggressively futuristic Honda aero kit that will be implemented in IndyCar in the near future. Despite it's potential practical flaws, it still looks fantastic.

This concept is far closer to the curent spec of F1 car than the more outrageous Ferrari concept and Red Bull X2014.

What do you think of this concept? Tell us below.

01 - lRpYxqK.jpg 02 - 8g75Bxp.jpg 03 - 9ocrd4w.jpg 04 - Ygw0iKJ.jpg 05 - hGqsr09.jpg 06 - Lhv9roT.jpg 07 - 7tzTL7t.jpg 08 - RF9GjE7.jpg 09 - WxCfzJt.jpg 10 - IlC5iXE.png

Not a fan. Car shape isn't a problem now. We've got rid of the stupid noses (stepped and appendage), and the cars are good at racing each other. Rather than this stuff, what needs to be focused on are the real issues, namely the money problems.

To be honest, this car wouldn´t work at all, the curved rear wing would make it uncontrolable, a curved wing together with an straight diffusor will not result in a constant airflow, with other words it wont have any downforce at the rear...sorry for that! :D

Is it too much to ask for the blown diffusers to make a return, even in a design concept? Better efficient aero and glorious noise on downshifts... although I don't know how it would sound with today's engines, since they don't exactly scream their lungs out like the V8s did. The design is beautiful and all, but it just doesn't look any extra-special either. Not that I can do any better, if I tried to then it would look like a popsicle with wheels and that in itself is giving my creativity high praise. :roflmao:

Miss the cars from the 1980's and early 90's. They looked sweet.

The concept on the pics looks much more elegant than current F1 cars, by the way.

Very nice. This looks similar to Mid 2000's F1 cars which are some of the best looking IMO.

The financials as other users have pointed out are ruining the sport. I just wish they would do something similar to what the NFL does. Put the money from sponsors, apparel, tickets etc.. in a pool and divide equally between all teams. "Manor" racing can only invest a 10th to Mercedes? Manor with their 2014 cars will barely make 107% this year. Mercedes is going to be fast really fast.

Just my 2 cents. I love to see overtaking and close competition, races separated by seconds not minutes.

Main problem atm: MONEY. And reputation.

But i would still like this. Everything fits perfectly and looks smooth and nice. Only thing i dont like is the extreme curve in the wing.
To be honest, this car wouldn´t work at all, the curved rear wing would make it uncontrolable, a curved wing together with an straight diffusor will not result in a constant airflow, with other words it wont have any downforce at the rear...sorry for that! :D
srb_williams_canada_2012_0025.jpg

if it was just the bottom of the wing it would be fine and look decent.

Magnificent looking and proportionate, clean lines with minimal aero distraction, looks like it could be real, and it should be.

Now we want it in Assetto Corsa please.:D

If I'm not mistaken, didn't I see something on RD a while back about wider tyres? I thought it said the FIA were actually discussing wider rear tyres? Did I make that up?

No you didn't made that up, that discussion is real.
As for this car, PLEASE SOMEONE MAKE A MOD OF THIS, virtual reality is unlike reality not dependant on physics, just numbers :p;)
Me like A LOT, if the wing would be straight it might be considered as potential F1 car, not?

No you didn't made that up, that discussion is real.
As for this car, PLEASE SOMEONE MAKE A MOD OF THIS, virtual reality is unlike reality not dependant on physics, just numbers :p;)
Me like A LOT, if the wing would be straight it might be considered as potential F1 car, not?
Agree, but the sidepods look a bit strange, though

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 240 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years