Resource icon

Apps fairracing - minimum stoppage time for driver swaps 0.8.5.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Gallow24 submitted a new resource:

fairracing - minimum stoppage time for driver swaps - fairracing

Hi guys,

welcome to the fairracing server plugin. It's a server plugin for endurance racing.
With this tool i want to give you a way to keep fair racing during driver swaps. Assetto Corsa supports just a simple function leaving and joining the server.
A joined driver can leave the pits instantly after he has completed loading with full fuel and fresh tires. users with faster pc´s have an advantage.
Another problem persists with drivers pitting without a driver swap. It´s possible that a...

Read more about this resource...

Are any leagues doing driver swaps in AC? A recent update allowed for multiple SteamID'S per car in the server setup, just didn't know if the feature was being used by anyone.

We had a test in a community with multiple guids and it was a big problem that people with fast pc´s joined with a shorter loading time. So they gained time during driver swap. After that race i had the idea to make this tool.

This is totally an interim solution until Kunos provides a real swap.

Gallow24 updated fairracing - minimum stoppage time for driver swaps with a new update entry:

introduced GUI and fixed bugs

here´s another update for the tool.

changelog:
- added a small gui
- increased tolerance for recognizing pit entry and exit points
- improved messages for drivers
- fixed bugs appearing after session changes

have fun with it and feel free to contact me.

I know there could be some problems, so report them and we will try to fix them that we get out the best for assetto corsa.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Gallow24 updated fairracing - minimum stoppage time for driver swaps with a new update entry:

important update to improove overall experience

- improved the GUI implementation (fixed a problem when tool freezed)
- introduced of a log file, you can find it in the folder .\logs
- optimized the tolerance for more reliable detection of pit- entry/exit
- improved the of log- screen messages
- removed the function to kick a car when it hasn´t served a penalty, now it is logged for after- race decision
- improved ingame messages
- changed behaviour of the chat sending function to get better performance

is it possible to use this app on linux (ubuntu server)?
And the second question: is it possible to use it with stracker in the same time?
Thank you very much.

is it possible to use this app on linux (ubuntu server)?
And the second question: is it possible to use it with stracker in the same time?
Thank you very much.

I think stracker can forward the signal, so you can configure the ports that is should work.

I thought about support for Linux but I need to check a few things. Maybe I can tell you more after the weekend.

I tried a few things for Linux support, but i think it´s not possible at this stage. Nevertheless i have good news for Linux users, because with the next version it will be possible to use the tool on another machine (windows) that you can run the tool on another pc than the hosting one.

Currently i am working on a few nice additions, also when a car doesn´t swap drivers.

Hey guys,

currently we have some problems with the tool. I will update it and release a new version at the end of the week. Until then the tool will not work. Sorry for that.

Important update - this version will work very well

hi racing fans,

I´ve updated the tool and found a few mistakes. So first I want to say sorry that the tool wasn´t running on a few machines. I hope this is sorted out for now.

Additionally you can now run the tool on another pc than the dedi running one. So this is interesting for all linux users.

Besides that the tool now supports the possibility to activate a minimum time for all drivers (not only the teams making a swap). With that you can simulate series like adac gt masters or...

hello! First of all thank you for your app. :)The second is i've got a problem with it:(
My Assetto Corsa dedi server is located on ubuntu VDS. I made everything by tutorial, but nothing works. App doesn't want to connect to the server. The log folder is empty, so i got no ideas how to debug it. The only hope that you give some advice. Thank you in advance!

UPD: But it surprisely working on my PC. App is connected and started to work. Although in base_config.xml i wrote my vds dedi IP. it seems that the ip address, regardless of the value in the config, remains static 127.0.0.1.

I've read it but now it's clear.
I'll take a look into that. When I tried it last time all went fine via network.

I'll give you feedback as far as I have found something.

UPD: But it surprisely working on my PC. App is connected and started to work. Although in base_config.xml i wrote my vds dedi IP. it seems that the ip address, regardless of the value in the config, remains static 127.0.0.1.

Now i had a look and for me it works. These are the important lines of the server_cfg.ini :
UDP_PLUGIN_LOCAL_PORT=11000
UDP_PLUGIN_ADDRESS=190.190.190.22:12000

In the baseconfig.xml i wrote:
<IP_Sending>190.190.190.32</IP_Sending>
<!-- ip address of the pc running the ac dedi -->

<Port_Sending>11000</Port_Sending>
<!-- local port in server.cfg-->

<Port_Receiving>12000</Port_Receiving>
<!-- see the port behind the ip- address given in server.cfg-->

My pc running the dedicated server is the 32 and the pc with fairracing is the 22.

I hope that helps. It could be necessary to restart the dedi after you have started the fairracing tool.

In the next couple of days there will be a new version with a few new features.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 281 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 409 39.9%