Fairly new to AC Question

Greetings!

I really like AC after driving for a few weeks. (I am very familiar with GPL, R1, R2, & many others before that). So after getting AC setup and learning the basics I downloaded a few mods. Maybe my Google search parameters were wrong, but I didn't find an answer to my question, so what better place than RC.
Question(s):
1. Once, when loading AC, it gave me an error that certain cars would not load due to missing components. That's cool. I just deleted those until I can figure that out. However, there are cars that show up in the menu but do not load into a track. I can't find a log file with the error. Do I just delete them (as I did) and move on? Or are there things I can do to fix it.
2. There is a mod category stated Unknown and no cars show up. Is there any easy way to know which mod without writing down all the ones that do work and comparing them to whats on disk?

Thanks in advance..
Cheers!

Once, when loading AC, it gave me an error that certain cars would not load due to missing components. That's cool. I just deleted those until I can figure that out. However, there are cars that show up in the menu but do not load into a track. I can't find a log file with the error. Do I just delete them (as I did) and move on? Or are there things I can do to fix it.
If the cars are part of the original content, run a steam integrity check. If the cars are mods, there's not much you can do.
There is a mod category stated Unknown and no cars show up. Is there any easy way to know which mod without writing down all the ones that do work and comparing them to whats on disk?
Honestly i don't know. It's probably the oldest mod you have installed.

Thanks or your response BhZ!
I'm sure they are mods. For now I will delete the mods that will not load into tracks and make note of them. As far as the Unknown category mod...I guess I'll just make a list of what I see on display in-game and compare it to disk. Fortunately I have not added that many mods.

Reactions: BhZ
2. There is a mod category stated Unknown and no cars show up. Is there any easy way to know which mod without writing down all the ones that do work and comparing them to whats on disk?
That happens when there is an error in the folder structure in one (or more) of your car mods, like an extra subfolder or an empty folder under conent\cars\. If you don't remember which mod is missing you'll need to look for it manually in your car folder.

Is there any easy way to know which mod without writing down all the ones that do work and comparing them to whats on disk?

Thanks in advance..
Cheers!

There have been a few game updates over the years to things like sounds, aero settings, etc. that have "broken" the mod cars. Some get fixed and updated, some are left for dead and will no longer work in the game. The last update that "broke" the mod cars was the FMOD update around November of 2016 (I believe) so one good way to avoid broke, outdated mods is to sort the list by "date updated" and steer clear of cars that haven't been updated since November 2016.

If you like to tinker there is an alternate launcher called Content Manager and it has the ability to fix a lot of the old broken mod cars, but I'm not very experienced with that part of it so I can lend much advice but I know it works.

Hey guys..

I left the following message at AC Support, but wondered if you guys had a clue.
"Greeting!
I had been driving AC for several hours. Had to leave, came back fired it up AC and my cars are floating above track when I enter a track from pit. I tried to use the Onboard settings app. Says that needs saving, but none of the features work. No steering wheel. Tried many cars all have various issues.
Attached a log file.
Please help!
Cheers!"

Was hoping to drive for a while tonight, but it's impossible right now. I have all the files I deleted from the cars folder earlier, but they are zero byte folders.

Thanks!

Thanks @Brandon Wright & Cote Dazur!
Yes, did an integrity check and no errors. I have been around sims for many (shall I say many, many as I turn 62 this month) and have even built some tracks for GPL. I am new to AC as of about two weeks.
I just re-posted at the Assetto Corsa support forum that the problem somehow resolved itself and is working fine now. I even posted screenies of the cars floating above track.
I am interested in the Content Manager. Is it a third party tool?

Cheers!

I am interested in the Content Manager. Is it a third party tool?

Cheers!

Yep, it's actually a full alternate launcher so you can control everything in the game from it and it has a lot of neat and useful features that aren't found in the standard launcher. I only know a fraction of what it can do but it's so much faster to boot up and navigate around, I love it. I think you have to make a donation to get the full version (it can be as little as one dollar I believe) but I believe the free version can do pretty much everything except online multiplayer.

http://assettocorsa.club/content-manager.html

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back