Fabcar 935 to join RaceRoom Racing Experience Roster

Oscar Hardwick

RDTCC S9 Champion
Fabcar 935 RaceRoom Racing Experience.jpg

To date there have been a number of iterations of Group 5 machinery in sim racing. DRM Revival in rFactor, the Capri in Project CARS and the pre-existing BMW 320 turbo in RaceRoom Racing Experience to name but a few. However recent previews reveal that the latter will be adding to their 320 Turbo and Zakspeed Capri with the Fabcar 935.

RaceRoom Racing Experience has been a surprising standout in terms of physics and quality as of late with a number of people within the sim racing community singing praises of the sim after just a few hours of play time. For the time being R3E still seems to have a fairly limited selection of cars and tracks so any new addition is going to be welcomed. The 935 is a fan favourite and when done right really puts a smile on the face of a sim racer. Given the recent efforts from the team at Sector3 Studios I am feeling confident about loving this upon release. With a 3.2 litre Twin-Turbo boxer motor churning out 800 brake horse power through a 4 speed transmission, 0-60 in 3 seconds and 0-100 in under 6, the 935 is going to be a car to keep you on your toes.

The 218 mile per hour Fabcar is certainly a vehicle to look forward to. With dedicated server options coming soon to RaceRoom Racing Experience as well as the impending release of this Group 5 monster. R3E will be looking an ever more promising sim racing platform for the future.

Get involved in our community by checking out our dedicated R3E forum, or by posting awesome videos and photos in our R3E gallery!

Last edited:
Yeah, I was going to say the same thing. Content certainly isn't limited. The only argument you could make is the car selection is focused mainly on touring and GT content so fans of open-wheelers may find it limited for their tastes.

It is reasonably limited. I actually play RaceRoom for the quality of the physics and content... AC is a different topic really.
I believe my point is valid. At launch it AC had 8 tracks and 40 cars, considerably fewer than R3E, which is still in beta. I also realise that there`s a healthy modding scene, which has produced some outstanding work - Snoopy`s Nordschleife is stunning - but I`m referring to official content.
I`m no fanboy, and will willingly concede that R3E has many features missing which you`d expect from a racing sim at it`s inception; but as far as content goes, we`ll just have to agree to disagree. Like gentlemen :geek:

@nikh Not disagreeing as such. Maybe I worded it wrong, I feel as though I would like more content from R3E as opposed to saying it doesn't have enough. I wrote a much longer piece not really suitable for this kind of article on the topic where I sound much more on board with what R3E are doing. :)

I'm happy people are discussing different sims, pros, cons etc... it's a hobby I am passionate about and it brings me no greater joy than to see other people be equally as passionate about it.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 267 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 178 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 179 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 132 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 235 13.4%