F458 low rider mod!

Hehe, not really, but I was just messing with lowering the ride height here (via super soft springs)

f458_lowrider.JPG

I was curious how correct the kinematics were for the change in camber under bump.

The values are in the debug readout... quite high I thought as it really stood out when watching replays seeing the cambers move so much.
I'm not sure exactly what reasonable ranges might be for the camber change under bump on this car but it just seems higher than I'd expect.

When doing a few repeated drops by going back to pits then to racer there appeared to be no apparent change in toe over this huge deflection range either.

Just interesting to look at what kind of kinematic behaviour KS have chosen for their F458 I think :)

Also is it just me, or does anyone else not get any shading under the car when in the shade from sunlight?

Thanks

Dave

I've driven it plenty on Magione, which is where I noticed in the replays the wheels doing lots of camber work on the bumps down the end of the fast back straight.

Just looks a bit excessive to my eyes.

Im not educated formally in this sort of thing, just passionate about all things car, especially road cars.

I've measured enough road car camber behaviours through kinematic analysis or direct measurement to know 6deg is on the high side.
Maybe it is right but given the F458 was said to be soft vs F430 (by Ferrari) these changes seem quite dramatic.

It'd be quite easy to check by getting cad data of the pickups and wishbones :)

Dave

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back