Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CLUB
Track: Curitiba
Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm-up: No Warm up
Race: 19:40 (2x25 minutes)
Password: click here

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)
[signuplist]262[/signuplist]

"Please note a change in policy (actually, a redirect back to previous policy). No assists except auto-clutch. Thanks. "
sign me out then please. Now you have decided not to allow low stab, low TC etc, I find it a tadge too difficult. I'm only a casual racer and I'm not very good without those aids mentioned. I also prefer to use auto gearbox due to an hand injury. I have tried practicing without them but it's no good. But I do use Cockpit only view. ;) So at least I'm not just an arcade gamer.

Last edited:
That seems like a shame to me when you could practice without assists, but your call.
I am useless without the assists mate. Honestly, it spoils my enjoyment to try and handle the cars or trucks because I don't have any time to practice beforehand. I'm a casual race simmer who's getting on a bit not one of these hardened racers with all the gear and all the time.

Thanks anyway. I'm off to practice for an Assetto Corsa club race at Monza tomorrow where they have allowed low assists. :thumbsup:

@Nox Can I ask why this decision was made? Why did they all have to fall in line? And all use no assists? Did someone complain about noobs using assists?
I was really looking forward to some Truck racing too.

@Nox Can I ask why this decision was made? Why did they all have to fall in line? And all use no assists? Did someone complain about noobs using assists?
I was really looking forward to some Truck racing too.
Because there are positives and negatives to having assists or not, and after trying it both ways in the club and having a discussion about it, the no assists side came out on top.

Because there are positives and negatives to having assists or not, and after trying it both ways in the club and having a discussion about it, the no assists side came out on top.

@Nox OK, thanks for the info Andrew. Me personally, I didn't think they took anything away from the racing, but I suppose some of the top racers might have felt that us casual racers might be able to keep up with them sometimes. Not in my case though LOL.:):roflmao: But I suppose some objected for some reasons that I can't fathom out. No one was forced to use them were they? Nevermind.:notworthy:

Can I ask what the positives and negatives were?

Anyway cheers for that last few races that I really really enjoyed. But I am going to be sticking to offline racing now with GSCE and FT unless I see the rules change again occasionally. I'll try and do some practice without assists in the future though.

All the best and thanks,
Andy:thumbsup:

@Nox OK, thanks for the info Andrew. Me personally, I didn't think they took anything away from the racing, but I suppose some of the top racers might have felt that us casual racers might be able to keep up with them sometimes. Not in my case though LOL.:):roflmao: But I suppose some objected for some reasons that I can't fathom out. No one was forced to use them were they? Nevermind.:notworthy:

Can I ask what the positives and negatives were?

Anyway cheers for that last few races that I really really enjoyed. But I am going to be sticking to offline racing now with GSCE and FT unless I see the rules change again occasionally. I'll try and do some practice without assists in the future though.

All the best and thanks,
Andy:thumbsup:
No one complained. Very basically: positives to assists are it caters to more drivers, it can also reduce some race incidents; negatives are sometimes it causes drivers to push too hard and cause incidents, assists give an (unfair?) advantage, it means people don't learn to race properly.

You're welcome; and I hope you take the jump to race without assists when you get the time to practice :thumbsup:

You're welcome; and I hope you take the jump to race without assists when you get the time to practice :thumbsup:

@Nox One day Andrew, hopefully one day. Have a great couple of races. :thumbsup: But can I just point out that I used assists (low) in previous races as allowed and I did race properly.

Last edited:
@Mid-pack Jack
I can understand your reluctance to race without various assists but you should try it out.
Before tonights racing, I have only done 15 minutes with the trucks. Had the assists been available, I definitely would have taken them but I very glad that I didn't. I was no means the quickest (in fact I was the slowest) but I still had a good time, completed the races and enjoyed every minute of it and all those things are what racing is all about. It is to me anyway.

Come and join in the fun!! :)

That was fun, and we had a nice grid size too! Thanks all for racing. That fast right hander in sector 3 is a blast in the trucks. Spielberg in 2 weeks, see you all then!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%