RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Name on RD forum: Yves Larose
Name in game: Yves Larose
Your Country: Canada
Control: logitech wingman formula force
Car: BMW E90
Special remarks: due to problem with Misano i had to change it for another track so i took Le Mas Duclos instead.

Name on RD forum: Gunthar Rowe
Name in game:
Gunthar Rowe
Your Country: Queenstown, New Zealand
Control: G25
Car: Yes, please!!! Download
Special remarks: Might not make it till late, as have a funeral on Saturday, and the family around till Monday... Hope to make it still as will need a pick me up!!!

Firstly, I have now, due to race 1 removed the "smoke, fire, dirt, sand" mod as I have yet again crashed due to not being able to see what is going on ahead.

Race 1, In all the smoke from spinning tires off the line, I got a great start and pushed on in the "white out" of smoke full gas into two smashed cars. luckily I was also hit hard from somewhere and punched through the mess. Sweet, I thought, but after a second discovered that my suspension was stuffed and wheel was at 30 degrees in a straight line :( managed to get a few places only to loose them as I couldn't hold a turn now in corners. Finished 10th ...

Race 2, took a knock on T1 lap 1 and suspension damage again, as issue as race one but only 15-20 degree out on the wheel in a straight line. which lead to...

Had a huge long battle with Gunthar, both of us menacing Grant Powell for a while. What a battle Gunthar and I had, I was quicker into the turns but I couldn't time a pass on him because he had good drive out of the turns. I eventuall sneaked inside when he went wide (hope it was a clean pass) and pulled away.

Was a great fight, but as you said I was slow in and fast out as I had to get the car quite slow to turn at all after knock on T1. good thing was I still had good pace else where. Every time I tried to go a little deeper on the brakes nothing happened when I turned in. Eventually I blow it after the chicane on the 2nd gear right hander go wide and get to see Warrens behind shoot away :)

Was some of the best racing in a while, and great as showed that many can drag a car around in less than perfect running order!!

Looking forward to many more to come. Just watch it this Sunday as F3000's don't handle taps and knocks at all!!!!!!!!

• Grant Daly

Name on RD forum: Grant Daly
Name in game: Grant Daly
Your Country: Australia
Control: Logitech G25
Car: F3000
Special remarks: Hope to make this race please let me make this race God? :)

then had a nice lap or so against mr bacon before nerfing him off at the hairpin... waited up about 15 seconds but he didn't move.. assumed it was a retirement and carried on, only to see him reappear on the timing screens next lap... so hung back and let him thru - apologies simon!

No worries Andrew, thanks for waiting and apologising, of the 3 punts I've been on the receiving end of this weekend, you're the only one to do that.:thumb:

Didn't really expect to race, being in reserve, so my preparation left a lot to be desired. Still tweaking my setup right up until the start of Race 1.

Super Pole is a fantastic idea, even though I was crap at it:D so more of that please!

Race 1 ended for me at Rivazza, couple of cars went into the gravel, so I was careful to keep it tidy and gain their places, unfortunately I hadn't noticed one had kept momentum and rejoined alongside at T12, we touched, I spun. Still kept going until the inadequacy of my setup and tyre wear began to take their toll. So last place, and an Alfa that was handling like the proverbial cow up a back staircase.

Race 2 actually started quite well (it couldn't be any worse than the fiasco of the rolling start.) A few tweaks to my Alfa's setup and I was actually quite enjoying myself. A nice bit of a dual began to develop with Andrew which came to a bit of a sticky end. Stalled in the gravel!! By the time I'd fished my way out I was soooo last place. Surprisingly, Andrew had waited:thumb: I was so amazed by this that as I thanked him I completely forgot about the imminent arrival of Piratella and promptly stuffed it into the wall.:pound:

Bit of a disappointing evening all in all but a few lessons learned and it's always good to pit yourself against proper drivers instead of AI. Look forward to driving again soon.

Simon:)

I am cursed or what?! :frusty:When I stopped into the pit, I said myself " I am going to add 1 l of fuel to be sure to finish the race quietly ". Only I know not what took place, I have difficulty in validating the trick, but I have in no way was provided with fuel, of the blow I was not able to continue the race!
:yield:

It is really pity because I made a beautiful race with Chris Noble, I am really disgusted !

It's going to need seriously that I study these pit stop, because every time happens to me a ****! :suspicious:

Ok i have found the mistake that i have made. During my pit stop, in the pit menu, when I wanted to change my quantity of fuel, I typed on the "validation key" on the fuel menu, what deactivated the provisioning. Will need that I paid attention the next time :p

Lee,

I have warned you before about me and my braking in these mini's LOL, maybe i shoud get you some telepathy powers to read my mind :)

But seriously this adds all the fun to it to be honest but could not resist that dig when driving aids where mentioned :D

Grant thanks for the vid :) now everyone can see what all the talk was about!!!

No problem Ian your welcome,

Hopefully this will start an incentive for me to make some videos as i have kept telling myself i would do it but never get around to it due to the patience required in cutting a replay then getting the angles for the parts that i want to keep LOL, patience is not a virtue of mine :D

Name on RD forum: Grant Powell
Name in game: Grant Powell
Your Country: UK
Control: Logitech FF
Special remarks: Should be fun but can't afford the start line incidents here although flying wheels would make a great video LOL

Will step aside if needed ***

Name on RD forum: Dietmar Auferkorte
Name in game: Dietmar Auferkorte
Your Country: DE
Control: G25
Special remarks: Never drove F3000, never Spa, tried it now, want to be there! Can somebody give me an idea what the lap times will be approx?
Will step aside if needed ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 285 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years