RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

glad i did lots of practice, not driven the alfa for ages. and it was just has horrible :rolleyes:

Q was a very nerves lap just praying not to loose my time. and i clocked one of my fastest times. which got me 12th.

Race 1 rolling start pfff. my car didnt accelerate and i lost a few places. then only a couple of laps in my screen froze. when it came back the colours were all weird so i quit to the pits.

Race 2 was almost last on the grid, and just wanted to test to see if my screen froze again so dropped back to last place and just followed for a few laps. by this time i had past a few people who went of, so decided to go for it and race. past a few people then got racing with Geo in another alfa, was great fun till i lost the rear in the 2nd chicane. oh well at least i finished this 1.

massage to self "dont pick the alfa again"

Qualy:
I botched it totaly, :pound:. big mistake went off track, p11

Race1:
Good start, was able to earn some postions. Some intresting fights. Finally p5

Race2:
Bad start, lost positions. Then cool driving nice fights. Unfortunatly I lost the car in braking zone to the left, really strange was no contact and I slide to the left out of track and nearly stall engine:noidea:. Lost here a lot time :rolleyes:. Then cool fights and finaly back on p6 I think:thumb:.

Cool race and the superpole is an intresting thing :thumb:,

PS: I Love the Honda :p :wink:

• Chris Noble

Quali:

Didnt expect much as new to driving the BMW, since the Honda's were taken! somehow managed 9th just behind Bram!

Race 1:
1st time doing rolling start in GTR EVO, But used to it in GTR2, game puts you in 3rd gear by mistake, so immediately shift into 2nd gear to maintain the pace and keep up with everyone :)

I am sorry for the tap Bram, I didnt realise I hit you as I held the inside apex the whole corner. so sorry about that. Thought your brakes were crossed up or something.

Behind Ramon who was in 8th and was trying to catch him up, but others had sng's and so near the end found myself in 7th! great for 2nd race with being in the BMW!

Race 2:
Got great start (and so did ramon, grr) so got past the chevy of tim and had Ramon on my case, but these aliens are too much for me haha!

Get a queue forming behind me (daniel, bram, sander etc) going through the hairpin Sander taps my rear nearly spinning me, but luckily didnt totally lose the car but lost 5 positions in 1 go as a result :(

Get on the back of Bram again and in the final chicane, looks like he cut it or got crossed up as he slows right down on the exit, allowing me to slide past, had a door bang, but nothing more than rubbing on the exit, due to the difference in speed.

2 sng's later come across Bram again and hes 2.5 secs in front with 2 laps to go, so chase him down and get right on his bumper out of the middle chicane down the hill, and try and force Bram into an error by braking up the inside, Can see how he locked his rear brakes up and got a bit crossed up, but he comes back at me while I have tons of power oversteer on the final chicane but hold on for 14th place :) good battle that was, Thanks bram!

So quite a good 1st race in the BMW for me as a result :)

Wow, what a mess, but great to see so many people just taking it in their stride and enjoying the spectacle. :thumb:

It's amazing how much carnage can occur from one car remaining stalled on the start grid, especially when it is someone on the front row. Karoly gets the "worst BMW start of all time" award. :p

Good effort on the movie Grant.

Race Report

Well that was fun...

Race One
After dodging the carnage at the start I settled in for the race. Thanks to Ian for missing me off the start line. :) Lap 7 saw Maciek and I touch. I was off the throttle immediately to wait for him which proved a very positive move as I was able to watch him perform a magnificent catch to hold position. Well done mate and sorry for the extra heart rate. We battled for a while longer but in lap 8 we both found gravel and grass after coming together again. Apologies to Mike Lee for a messy re-entry from me and thanks to Maciek for redressing.

Race Two
No problem Warren. It happens. I've learned very quickly not to hold grudges when racing. Just take a breath and get back into enjoying it. Thanks for the apologiy though, very sporting!

Got through some mishaps and found myself behind Gunthar and Mike Lee. Lap 2 turn one, Mike and I rubbed and Mike found the gravel which allowed me to cool my tyres whilst waiting for him. After watching Mike and Ian battle in front, I saw my opportunity to get by them both and took it. Lap 5, final turn Mike and I touched yet again and we both ended up in the gravel (thanks to Andrew D for coming out in sympathy with us). I didn't know who (if anyone) was at fault but it was playing on my mind so I slowed down on the main straight (a lap later) to let Mike go by. Sorry for doing this so late Mike, but looking at the replay I still can't work it out.

Thanks all for racing. If everyone could post whether or not the have GTR Evo in the Australia & New Zealand Community forum it would really be appreciated. We would love to do some events based on this excellent add on (Warren just wants to drive the car with his name on it!) :p

Something special for next race...

Had a great race with Wally M, covering his mirrors for 3 laps while he dealt with a few in front. Just when all in front had dropped off the track the eventual happened and i just clipped him into the final corner, surprised a minor scrape caused such a huge off. Sorry mate, really was enjoying that and kicked myself for the error. (12th)

Yeah, that was the highlight of the two races - the pressure you were putting on me while I was dealing with the beemer in front. I love that close style of racing, but the bit of lag we get is enough to make it quite difficult to be smooth enough (especially when the car in front is twitching all over the place).

Welcome to another event for the Oceania Zone.

These races are primarily aimed towards our members in Australia, New Zealand, and S.E. Asia so the race times are set for that zone. However, we welcome entrants from other timezones who would like to race at this time and help us to maximize our starting grids.
The only thing we ask is that priority be given to Oceania members since they often don't get the opportunity to race other events.

f3000night.jpg

For this event, we will use the F3000 cars, but will use the Spa Francorcamps 2004 track.

Signups will close 1Hr before the Practice start time

Event details
Game: Race 07
Date: Sunday 28th of September 2008
Server: RACEDEPARTMENT OCEANIA
Car: F3000
Skins: Custom skins allowed.
Circuit: Spa Francorchamps 2004 (Download)

Password: Here

Event schedule (GMT time)
Practice: 10:00 GMT, 30 mins (8.00PM Aust Eastern Standard Time)
Qualifying: 10:30 GMT, 30 mins (8.30PM AEST)
Race: 11:00 GMT, (9.00PM AEST)
Laps: 2 by 12 laps

Server settings
Allowed driving aids: Auto clutch/auto gears
Failures: Normal
Start: Standing

All entrants please note: Do not use your pitspeed limiter when entering the pits, there is a bug at Spa that will result in you being permanently stuck in the pits. Control your speed manually, and also do not use auto pitstop.

Please use the following format for sign up:

Name on RD forum:
Name in game:
Your Country:
Control:
Car:
Special remarks:

Sign-up:

*** Prepared to step aside to make room for Oceania members in needed.

1. Michael Herrmann ***
2. Cam Wedgwood
3. Olivier Hercek ***
4. Neil Gardner
5. Karoly Kajdy ***
6. Gunthar Rowe
7. Garry Pullen ***
8. Grant Daly
9. Keith Peppiatt
10. Grant Powell ***
11. James Yates ***
12. Dietmar Auferkorte
13. Rhys Gardiner
14. Wally Masterson
15. Michael Stead
16. Grant Waterman
17. Steve Perryman
18. Andrew Dawes
19. David Lemon ***
20. Victor Shaw ***
21. Terry Harmer ***

Reserves

• Peter Byun

Name on RD forum: Peter Byun
Name in game: Peter Byun
Your Country: USA
Control: G25
Car: F3K
Special remarks:Will step aside for Oceania members if necessary. Will there be a possibility of rain? =)

• Mike Lee

Thanks guys that was very fun.

Race one

Managed not to get through the start pile up, suspension damage. Had a good battles with Cam, catching Gunther at the end but not fast enough. Didn't get hit once, which is a bonus.

Well that was fun...

Got through some mishaps and found myself behind Gunthar and Mike Lee. Lap 2 turn one, Mike and I rubbed and Mike found the gravel which allowed me to cool my tyres whilst waiting for him. After watching Mike and Ian battle in front, I saw my opportunity to get by them both and took it. Lap 5, final turn Mike and I touched yet again and we both ended up in the gravel (thanks to Andrew D for coming out in sympathy with us). I didn't know who (if anyone) was at fault but it was playing on my mind so I slowed down on the main straight (a lap later) to let Mike go by. Sorry for doing this so late Mike, but looking at the replay I still can't work it out.

Race 2
What a gentleman you are Cam. Lap 2, I was already recovering from a tap on the same corner on lap 1, in the sand again. Didn't really matter after that but had great racing with you Cam (thanks for hanging around but if its just racing I don't expect you to), and Ian. The lap 5 incident was just close racing but I didn't think the slight paint massage deserved for us to go into the sand. I did wonder what you were doing slowing down on the straight, if it was anyones fault it was mine. In this sort of racing they could make slight 'rubs' a bit more forgiving I think.

Anyway, more work to do to get competitive in the fwd's.

• Neil Gardner

Name on RD forum: Neil Gardner
Name in game: Neil Gardner
Your Country: NZ
Control: G25
Car: F3000
Special remarks: Woohoo... Never driven the F3000's but just had a good race at Spa in the Lambo for another GTR2 league I'm in. I really like Spa but have never been able to hook it up perfectly... Maybe wings will help :)

USA time zone event

usaeventph3.jpg

Welcome USA time some event.

This race is primarily aimed towards our members in the United-states, Canada, and South America so the race times are set for that zone. However, we welcome entrants from other timezones who would like to race at this time and help us to maximize our starting grid.
The only thing we ask is that priority be given to US/Canada and south american members since they often don't get the opportunity to race other events.

For this event, we will use the WTCC 07 cars and will use the Brno track

Signups will close 1Hr before the Practice start time

Event details
Game: Race 07
Date: Wednesday September 24th 2008
Server: RACEDEPARTMENT USA
Car: WTCC 07
Skins: Custom skins allowed.
Circuit: Brno 07

Password: click here

Event schedule (GMT time)
Practice: 1:30 GMT, 30 mins (9:30 pm Eastern daytime)
Qualifying: 2:00 GMT, 30 mins (10:00 pm Eastern daytime)
Race: 2:30 GMT, (10:30 pm Eastern daytime)
Laps: 2 by 10 laps

Server settings
Allowed driving aids: Auto clutch/auto gears
Failures: Normal
Start: Standing

Please use the following format for sign up:

Name on RD forum:
Name in game:
Your Country:
Control:
Car:
Special remarks:

Sign-up:

*** Prepared to step aside to make room for US/Canada members if needed.

1. Yves Larose - BMW E90
2. Peter Byun - Seat Leon
3.Corey Theman - Honda
4. Chris Buchanan - Chevy
5. Gaynall Hudgins - BMW E90
6. Marcel vd Aa - Seat Leon ***
7. Marty Pierce - Honda

Reserve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?