RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I had mainly good experiences with the guys we were lapping tonight,not a very easy task for them at all,especially with 3 completely insane battling demons closing in at warp speeds within 10cm of each other,a couple of times our 3 way battle caught up with other 2 or 3 car battles going on for us to lap,i thought taking everything into consideration they done a bloody good job overall,front runners cannot expect the guys they are lapping to evaporate or become ghost mode until you get past or for them to drive off the track to make way

Couldn't agree more, on a track like Lime Rock, backmarkers did a positive job. Above everything we can't forget that RD is a gentlemen driver community (which i'm trully honoured to be part of) and human beings sometimes make mistakes, a bit of tolerance is welcome.

Just to remind you, here is an extract from our Racing Club Rules:

4. Do not alter your line or braking for a faster car behind you. Unpredictable moves have a way of ending the race for both of you. Let the faster car dictate when and where to initiate a pass, and only then you are free to assist by easing off the throttle.

It is also our Racing League Rule too.
There is no requirement for lapped drivers to simply "immediately get the hell out of the way", they are expected to maintain their line and allow the faster driver to overtake cleanly when it is safe to do so. Just because you are involved in a race up front and lapping cars, you don't own the track. The lapped cars will get the blue flag warning and should allow the lapping car to pass as soon as it is safe to do so, but within reason.

I have not looked at replays (yet), but I have read the chat log and wasn't impressed at the abuse thrown at the lapped drivers. These are Racing Club Events, aimed at friendly fun, so a little patience doesn't hurt. Please remember that not all drivers here are skilled and experienced drivers (that's probably why you are lapping them) but they still deserve some respect.

Again, i totally agree. And please, if you (backmarkers) are about to be lapped, don't run out of the track (as i saw yesterday) it is very kind of you, but you don't need to do that. Just stay on the out side of the next corner, giving the inside to the lappers and it would be fine. :good:
In another way, don't lift throttle in the middle of the straight when the lappers are using your sleapstream, or you will be hit in your rear (as happened last night with me), just stay in your line. :good:

At that club they are all addicted and go too fast and above all want me to get out of the way

Wish I nervously do but I end up always trashing someone

Damn… I better keep away from on-line racing
The track was kind of hard for the newbie, narrow, quick, short lap so the potential for trouble was really there, I’m sure the decision to race there had into account the spice up it would come from giving laps to delayed racers.

Being a chronic positivist, I’m sure those who did a few mistakes gained some experience from them and next time they will be better racers.

Although there were people circulating 20 sec slower per lap then most at that race, when I type “better racer”, obviously I’m not speaking of how quick one is… yes, you all guessed, gentlemen driver gents:bye:

Indeed. Unfortunately a few of very fast drivers, sometimes force a bit the overtaking manouvres, even with those who they are fighting at the moment, just because they are slighty fast. This is not correct also.

Now the event.
Qualified 10th, which was good, no practice no setup, found a stable setup but later i realized it was a bit slow cornering.

Race 1 was good despite of racing alone for 20 laps, finished 5th.
Race 2 started 4th, have been in 2nd for a few moments, in 3rd for a much more time but finished 4th. I have to mention the great and fair fights with Gary (unfortunately only for 1 lap, excellent pace mate) :clap2: Torbjorn, João (more 1 or 2 laps and i believe you could pass me) and Jan. Great driving from you all. :yo:
Congrats to winners and podium finishers and to all that even beeing lapped stay untill the end of the race. :good:

Thanks for the track/car combo Gary, was funny.:handshake:

Cheers

I know the rule and I have agreed to it but just check the replay and you can see some actions that aren't wanted in RD according the post made about the direction RD wants to go in.

I have had an initial look at the Race 1. replay (from your car and the other two lead cars) and TBH I didn't see anything too serious, in fact the lapped cars did a great job of not obstructing the passing cars, considering how tight and narrow this track was. There were a couple of unfortunate incidents but in those cases it looked to me that the lapped drivers were trying to do the right thing.
Can you please advise replay times and details (by PM ) of incidents that you consider unacceptable to RD standards?

• Jeff Leroux

Rac2 was a lot better, had a terrific battle with Jeff for quite a few laps until he made a mistake in the first turn and i could get past. Eventually finished 10th but really enjoyed this race.

Hi guys

nice race for me yesterday :good:

but make a little mistake in the training :

too fast in the stand line ; breaked too hard and push some one

SORRY mate

happy to run with you guys , good evenig

Yes BOB , funny race , and fair fight why you , but i do mistake and you overtake me ,

bad breaking in this corner , good JOB BOB :good:

to see you again , perhaps it's me this times

Jeff

Ok I havent done one of these in a while lol. The race was amazing, the track the car the racers as well. Qualified P1, although I was a bit unhappy with it since I couldnt get the last few tenths out of the car and it sort of bugged me because it was the last corner that I kept on shanking and thats where you could lose a lot of time, but more importantly where tire wear is big so getting it right is key for the race as well.

First race starts off not so well, I get on the grid and I hear talks about fuel and everyone seems to have 5 more liters than I do. I start giggling at the fact that my car is more fuel efficient, maybe a modern day Toyota Prius WTCC version. In P2 resided Rocket Start Sai and I wasn't really expecting to beat him to turn one and I didnt. I followed him closely on lap 1 and into t4 on lap 2 he ran wide as I think he was having some traction issues and that gave me the open door on the inside. From then on it was smooth sailing, although there was some pressure in the early laps from Keith and company. However it seemed like my Prius hybrid drive was an unreliable peice of junk and it came to a halt on the last lap about 3/4 of the way through. Result DNF....LOL. Grats to podium especially Warren.

Race 2 I knew could get dicey since I was starting 9th i think, and all fwd cars in front of me I'd have to act quickly. The problem is the starting possitions are very close together and if you're not carefull you can get into a start grin spin and that's not very good racing etiquette lol. I think Keith was in front of me and at the start I went to the right of him (grass side) and as we're accelerating to t1 I see the Alfa of Bill (I think) I was building up speed much faster than the fwd's so at this point passing on the grass was my only option, which I did. Going into turn one I went as wide as possible to allow atleast a car width on the inside of me, but on the exit I got clipped I dunno who it was aparently Willi says he did, nps man it happens I've done it too, and it didn't matter at least for a few seconds. Then I got T-boned, no fault of their own I tried my hardest to save it but on cold tires getting out of a spin is a hard task. Suspension damage after that incident, then I tried to compete as best I could however it very jeckyl and hyde type handling perfect through some laps but out of nowhere I would get massive underteer and veer off or vice versa, in the end it got a little bit frustrating I won't lie but because of my own doing not anyone elses. Regardless it was a great race and glad everyone could make it.

• Andrew Evans

man... had one of those nights last night.... just couldn't find the groove with this car/track combo... unlike croucher i did a little bit of "alone time"... not much... but dread to think what it would have been like coming in cold.... :fear:

anyways... not even being able to run with the guys i normally run with lead to frustration, frustration lead to misery, misery lead to hate, hate lead lead to... uh, yea, you know how it goes.... :sith:

nice event gahmate... shame about the shouting idiot front runners... but am sure tis just a flash in the pan due to the nature of the track... looking forward to many more of these brand cup-me-dos....!

• Andrew Evans

mate... don't worry about yer speed.... the racing club is nothing to do with being fast... if you want to race, you're totally welcome and you'll almost always find people around your level...

plus, this is a great car, that's not a handful to drive, and brings the grins... let me know if/when you want on the main list...

Adam - I was in the same position as you 3/4 months ago - wanted to race but didn't know where I was pace-wise and didn't want to be a nuisance.

Knowing now what I didn't know then, my advice is just jump in, both feet, no armbands. You will be fine, and to be honest there isn't a much better car to jump in with, as there are no real nasties lurking to bite your cobblers off with Herr Audi. You can't take liberties, but getting up to those limits is a more predictable process than with some/most of the other cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back