RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Race1: I had problems with my wheel. 1st the brakes didn't work at the end of the practice, the wire connecting the pedals to the wheel seems to be wrong. I've put a box on it and then it worked, but after that my FF has gone... I wasn't much slower however. I've decided to change both rear tires before the race, but then I changed it to both front. It was a good tactic, I won the race.
Race2: Restarted comp. and FF worked this time. In first lap I made some mistakes, and decided to come in in lap 2, and changed both fronts again. Wrong decision. I caught up to 2nd, 10 secs behind Dave, but then it called me in to pits again. I didn't understand why. But then, after one more lap it disqualified me, and said I changed no tires... Strange.

Thx for the race anyways!

According to my pitcrew it did, and I had an indication in the damage graphic too. I must have had a very weak MINI (Aussie built :laugh2: ) because it didn't seem a very hard hit.
It didn't seem to affect the car handling much though, well not the way I was driving anyway lol.
That suspension damage warning is a bit lame I think. You seem to get it at the drop of a hat and it usually doesn't affect the actual car handling.

I struggled with the Mini. I was cornering all wrong somehow. I'd have to stomp on the brakes heaps early and then nurse the thing at a crawl through the corners to get it to turn in. I only managed to finish around 7th-9th in both races through attrition (I ran out of fuel myself with half a lap to go in race 1).

I had a bit of close racing with Mark Guy which was fun, and spent a bit of time sailing across the grass after getting nudged at other times. Sorry for the hairpin divebomb in race 2 (I missed everyone I think). The car just didn't feel like slowing fast enough...

How were you guys taking the corners? I.e. trail braking? Braking early, slow in and getting the power down before the apex? Coasting across the apex? Throwing the car into the corner like Steve? What's the technique with this car?

pit window doesnt start until you pass the line at the end of lap 4/5. need to pit in after to avoid DQ.

erm well a mixed bag really. qualied 1st. good feel to the car then with the pit mixup was too busy talking to notice the 2:00 mintutes dissapearing in front of me. DNF - didnt make the grid.

Race 2 320s. stuck it on pole in the last lap of qualy and feeling pretty chuffed. had a 20 second lead by lap 4 and decided to take all four boots. left me 4-5 secs behind first. guy in first spun of and gave me first back. kept good time within .5 of my fastest lap for most of the race. some dropped out out aling the way. found myself chasing after chris vick to lap him at the end but couldnt get it together. over the line in first with a large gap behind. minidumped immediately after.

thanks for the racing guys, fave car & fave track. loving it. thnx RD and Eric!

Race1: I had problems with my wheel. 1st the brakes didn't work at the end of the practice, the wire connecting the pedals to the wheel seems to be wrong. I've put a box on it and then it worked, but after that my FF has gone... I wasn't much slower however. I've decided to change both rear tires before the race, but then I changed it to both front. It was a good tactic, I won the race.
Race2: Restarted comp. and FF worked this time. In first lap I made some mistakes, and decided to come in in lap 2, and changed both fronts again. Wrong decision. I caught up to 2nd, 10 secs behind Dave, but then it called me in to pits again. I didn't understand why. But then, after one more lap it disqualified me, and said I changed no tires... Strange.

Thx for the race anyways!

First of all sorry for the 1st race everyone. I screwed up! I should have tested that we had forced pit stops setup!!

Peter, when the forced pits is turned on, you have to pit within the pit window which is displayed right below your lap times (in this case it was lap 5~11). If you pitted in lap 2 that wouldnt count.

2nd I had a lot of fun. Ran my PB with the 320 during the race 1"27.5 (2.4s faster than in the qualifiers). I was less than 2 seconds behind Ian when I lost it and found myself in the lala land. Oh well...

Congrats to Dave who was unstoppable tonight with the 320. Also to Ian on his 2nd place finish!! Very well done!!! Finally, to my good friend Chris who had a few problems with the 320 during the race, but still manage to finish 3rd!! :clap:

Good job all.

Well, first race i finished... too early. Got DQ because when i pit in, since I did not have a pit preset and could not figure out how to change two tires from scratch, i left the pits without any change. So lap 11th was my last...

Second race, took a horrible start, lost concentration looking at my brother Eric passing me and hit the grass for a lovely first spin. Cool thing, I had the track for myself, kind of a practice session...:disapointed: Then i just tried to rally the end, made the pits this time :clap: got passed by Peter after his early pit and then again later when I went out wide in the grass... Overall, i've visited the grass a lot... i think a rFactor race with lawn movers on this track would find pretty performant! Oh, yeah i forgot, hit the grass again when I tried to pass my brother in the straight when he exited the pits, cut through the S corner to a beautiful warning and realized eric even waited for me even though it was not his fault that I loved the grass so much :laugh2:... Ended up 4th! ... with 4 cars left...

Thank you Eric and RD for organizing the race, and thanks everyone for a clean race.

Congrats to Dave who was unstoppable tonight with the 320.

cheers eric, i wouldnt expect that sort off pace often. nice to get the name up in lights for change thanks to your loverly results page :D

wd on getting a pb in race. unfortunately i wasnt on it tonight and couldnt get near mine in race or qualy.

once agian thanks all and race again soon i hope.

Interesting evening for me. First drove the track last night when was tired from a flight. Managed a decent time with the 320, and was slow with the 200. Today I managed to drop my PB with both cars here by a second, and I did my fastest laps in the races.

Race 1 - Qualified in 4th with a PB time, so that was fine.:) Only about 1.5 sec back from the fast guys.:laugh2: I had a bad start, so was 6th into the first turn, but was up to 5th by the end of the first lap. I managed a couple of more passes, and moved into 3rd, and then someone in front disappeared, and I was second. There was some confusion about pit stops, but the leader pitted, so I did too. I did not have any presets, so I was slow in getting the stop set up. I came back out in 2nd about 8 sec back. I managed to close the gap a bit right up to the end, and finished in 2nd. :thumb: Ran a good fast clean race, setting a new PB lap time, so I am pleased. :)

Race 2 - Qualified 4th again with a new PB. Eric had predicted yesterday that I would run a 1:24, but I could not manage that then. I did it in quali though. :thumb: Had another bad start, and dropped to 5th, but managed some passes in the first lap, and moved steadily up to 2nd. Then I did a bonehead move, and dropped a wheel off. I spun for what seemed an eternity, and came back on in last place with suspension damage. I struggled around for a couple more laps until the window opened, and came into the pits for tires and repairs. I came out in 6th, and started working my way forward. I managed some passes, and passed some folks in the pits up to 3rd place. I was still 20 sec behind Ian in 2nd, and Stephen was breathing down my neck to lap me. I managed to hold him off until he finished, and then came around for 3rd place. :) Two podiums in one night at a new track. :thumb: Besides my one very bad lapse, I drove very well, and I had a lot of fun!:laugh2:

Thanks Eric for setting this up, and thanks to all the drivers for a fun and fair race! See you all on the track again soon. :thumb:

Chris

How were you guys taking the corners? I.e. trail braking? Braking early, slow in and getting the power down before the apex? Coasting across the apex? Throwing the car into the corner like Steve? What's the technique with this car?

I must say I was having a similar problem, especially in Race 1, by Race 2, I was sorta getting it a bit better, but the hairpin was causing me lots of drama.
So my advice probably is all wrong but here goes my interpretetion:
1. I think a couple of turns at Mallala were deceptive, much tighter than you think, and therefore needed to be taken slower than expected.
2. I found I had to brake very hard and from a fair way back (others were braking later than me), and make sure I didn't have much brake applied (I was even starting to put some throttle in) at the turn in point.
3. The tight turns seemed to need a wide and late entry too. I found I had to go all the way back to first, enter late and wide and start to get some power on smoothly to get it to turn correctly. I also found that I had to try to get the car pointing straight as early as possible before applying full power, because in 1st gear, it would spin the tyres if I was still turning much.
4. I tried using Steve's idea of throwing it into the corner, and it did help in some corners because it helped to wash off some speed at the critical time and aided the ability to get the car straighter at that important power on stage.
5. Lastly, I found that touching the curbs was a no no, it seemed to just bounce the car sideways, adding to the tyre spinning.

Thats pretty much what I was doing at the end and it seemed better, but of course, the fast guys were still outbraking me into the corner (mainly the hairpin) so they found a way of getting the MINI to stop better, which was critical at Mallala.

• Ian Landry

Fun evening for me!

First in practice i took some time to watch what the fast guys were doing (Dave, Raphael, Chris) and with that managed to shave a good second of my times from last night in practice.

Race 1: I was pretty comfortable with the 200 but knew that I couldn't touch the faster guys, so I was planning for a safe drive, to hope for a 3rd maybe if there was trouble in front. There was indeed trouble in front, but with the pitstop thing (I had never ran a race with forced pitstop), it took forever to set it up in the pits and also distracted me for a few laps, but all in all a good race for me, took 4th. I had a nice battle with Tim (again!!:laugh2:) and managed to close in to 0.5 s in the last lap, but he stayed cool and kept his position.

Race 2: Yesterday I was struggling big time with the 320, so wasn't expecting much. Today was better and I managed to run some 1:26s, which was excellent for me! I was planning again a safe drive because I knew that with this car there would be several wrecks. The strategy paid off. After lap 8 or so I saw that I had a 30 sec gap in front and behind, so I took it really easy (Chris closed in to 9 secs). I still managed to spin it, but fortunately not too badly and I brought home 2nd, my first RD podium!:highfive: It was a small turnout, but still fun to take 2nd nonetheless!

Thanks to all who raced and to Eric for organising. With the practice server and everything this week, it was great!

Ian

WTCC 87 @ Misano - January 11th

RD-Event-Template_WTCC87.jpg

Servername: RaceDepartment.com US
Password: click here

Class: WTCC 87
Track: Misano
Weather: changeable

Practice: 30mins @ 8:00PM EST / 5:00PM PST (1:00GMT)
Qualification: 30mins @ 8:30PM EST / 5:30PM PST (1:30GMT)
Race: 1hour @ 9:00PM EST / 6:00PM PST (2:00GMT)

Notes:
I setup a personal server for anyone to practice before the race this week.
server name: Misano Practice
password: sunday

Important: Please pay special attention to Racedepartment's Golden Rule: If you hit another driver and disadvantage him, we expect you stop and let the other driver regain his position on you. If this costs you many places (eg first few laps) then consider this a penalty for your driving infringement. Doing this shows respect to your fellow drivers and will encourage drivers to be more careful. Please use some care when letting the other driver regain position, do not immediately stop your car on the driving line where it can cause further accidents. Not following this rule will result in your membership of the racing club being terminated at once!

Entrylist:
  1. Eric Kaczmarek
  2. Corey Theman
  3. Timothy Miller
  4. Sean Vohs - skin
  5. Ian Landry
  6. Péter Bártfai
  7. Marcel vd Aa - skin
  8. Pascal Malenfant Tremblay
  9. Sai Yip
  10. Keith Barrick
  11. Gaynall Hudgins