Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CLUB
Track: Curitiba
Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm-up: No Warm up
Race: 19:40 (2x25 minutes)
Password: click here

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)
[signuplist]262[/signuplist]

Another great evening racing...
Race 1 - qualified 9th. Made an ok start and cleanly made it through into p6. It was a bit of a quiet race for me from there with Jyri a few seconds down the road, but then on the lastlap he started going really slow and I said to the guys onTS that I thought he had fun out of fuel. We then saw ur post in the chat about ur spotter calling the flag a lap early :) sorry man but u need to sack your race engineer! :)

Race 2 - I decided to start at the back of the grid and followed everyone through the 1st few corners, picking off the guys that fell off the track. I then had a spin myself but managed to keep it out of the wall so rejoined with no damaged . I fought my way up to p8 with some great battles with Paul and Alberto. I got side by side with Paul after a good exit out of the chicane and some boost but I really had to grow a pair to get him on the way into that long right hander. I could feel the car sliding as I was late on the brakes but managed to pull it off. A few laps later I managed to get side by side with Alberto after a nice exit and boost onto the s/f straight, I braved it out over the pot holes and got him into the chicane. Close and clean racing gents . well done

Let's see what happens Saturday in the f3's
:)

Last edited:
Just tried these cars, they sound great! Having a small problem though, they seem to pull to the left & right when cornering like as if the steering help is on(its off in the options), its not oversteer as its seems to pull the wheel :unsure: I tried reversing the FFB but that was worse, any ideas?
I don't have that problem, so I'm not sure :/

Wasn't able to make Race 1 but managed to qualify in 13th for Race 2 despite not doing much practice.

Got a good start and gained a place or two at the start but on the second last corner of the first lap, the car snapped and went straight into a pile of tires which result in my engine going up in flames.

Short and sweet!!! :)

That was such an awesome event.

Maybe it was that my first race with gsc (2012, long time ago) was with this combination, maybe it is that my driving skills are perfect for track where you could grow potatoes, but I managed two times to climb up from ~20 to 6th and 9th.

There was great racing all over the place. I only have the doubt if I made Sven spin on T1. We came to the straight and I wanted to use boost to defend. Word of advice: do not map speed limit just next to boost button, ehem. So, ups, quick un-limit, use boost, we were yo-yoing along the straight, came parallel in T1, and then I just saw him sliding out in my mirrors. I did not feel anything so maybe there was zero contact, but he surely must have been thinking I was crazy. :redface:

Alberto, I can´t tell if there was a contact or not because I think I also messed it up a little coming into the hairpin maybe a little to fast and hit the accelerator a little bit to hard. No problem. had a blast in any case so no worries. :thumbsup:

Reactions: Nox
Will you be so kind to share your setup Guus, Franklin ? I haven't done much practice here and would like to do more laps with a more capable setup than default if possible.

Thanks
same setup as always for me Jan, I am using this one for pretty much any track and all I change is wing. Used 8 wing for this event and still it was too unstable, but it was fast

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h4xf0p4yehi5wwd/Curitiboom.svm

Can some people share their set-ups please (if you have them yet)? Any trucks will do. Would also appreciate some ideas on how to make the trucks turn in a bit better. My other problem is the back end kicking out and wobbling under braking. I'm no good at set ups, so tips appreciated.. Thanks all!

What you are feeling is the rotational torque of the chassis from the weight of the engine hanging off the back of the rear axle. It's very weird and feels wrong the first time you drive one.

You have to relearn how to drive with a 911. Much more braking has to be done in a straight line. You also have to be much smoother coming off the brake as you enter the turn. You have to steer a 911 with the throttle. If you must brake harder during a curve, be sure to keep a tad bit of throttle to limit the off throttle oversteer. Reducing the limited slip coast will help tame the lift off oversteer some.They are very rewarding once you get the hang of it as they are very easy to rotate but they will bite back.

Just tried these cars, they sound great! Having a small problem though, they seem to pull to the left & right when cornering like as if the steering help is on(its off in the options), its not oversteer as its seems to pull the wheel :unsure: I tried reversing the FFB but that was worse, any ideas?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 351 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 244 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years