Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CLUB
Track: Curitiba
Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm-up: No Warm up
Race: 19:40 (2x25 minutes)
Password: click here

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)
[signuplist]262[/signuplist]

so, my first two racedepartment races are history and I can say, it is a lot of fun to race with you guys, I am definitely looking forward to our next races.
I wasn't driving online for app. two months and accordingly nervous I was, did many small mistakes, especially in the second race. There is definitely a lot of space of improvement left.
The clio mod is great, very well done!
I always loved to drive these kind of "small" cars and Davy`s shared setup improved my lap time a lot, thanks for sharing Davy!

Only the rear visibility is kind of non-existent in this car, even with all three virtual mirrors and "look rear" mapped to a button activated, I could barely see anything.
Is there anything I could do to improve my rear visibility?
That would be a major contribution to my race safety :)

btw: I got involved in the first corner crash on race two, didn't watch the replay but if I was the one that caused that crash, I need to apologise to all guys involved.

cheers
Marcel

Reactions: Nox
@Marcel Heiz I believe that crash in race 2 was with me. No need to apologize. It happens.

I watched the replay of the incident and the way I see it, we both got a good start and there was a gap for a car to pass the cars in front of us. Problem was two cars wanted to go through :)

Do agree with what you say about the mirrors and so on. I did not see you at all. General rule is though that if you cannot see them in your mirrors, they are on your side. Having buttons to Look Left and Look Right is also handy

See you on the track!!

I mapped look left and look right to my wheel buttons and they work fine, just the rear mirror doesn't give you much of an idea what really is going on behind your car :) but I am sure I will getting used to that.

see you on the track ;)
You can edit your PLR file (GSC2013\UserData\-yourname-\) and look for this line:

Self In Cockpit Rearview="0" // add values for any that should be visible (0=none): 1=rear wing & wheels, 2=body & susp, 4=cockpit, 8=steering wheel (15=all)

That way when you look back you can just have a clear view with no car in the way.

@Marcel Heiz
There's a file you can edit that clears the rear view of any objects that obstruct it. Due to certain cars/mods having a big issue with rear view visibility i'm now using this option.

It's a .plr text file in this location: UserData / 'Your profile name'.
Inside the file look for the command Self In Cockpit Rearview and set it to 0 or any other available value you might prefer.

Lol ! High five, Andrew ! :D

I just did a quick session and improved to 18.6 immediately, which is 3-4 tents faster than my best on default yesterday. Thanks Marcel and Davy. :thumbsup:

It's just rear anti roll bar applied and rear tyre pressure lowered a bit(probably resulting in more optimal tyre temp and thus more grip), but it obviously has quite an impact on the laptime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back