Tracks F3 Classic Tracks - WIP Thread - Enjoy it.

This is Villa Bordeu, a club circuit used back on 50's and 60's at Argentina, a simple layout, it host many national events. I am sure many of you are going to enjoy it. Also fit perfect with the Formula Juniors.
Enjoy it :)

20200614195417_1.jpg
20200614195437_1.jpg
20200614195542_1.jpg
2.jpg
20200614195335_1.jpg

First of all, thank you :)

I'm having an unexpected issue with your new track, some player cars like the Lotus 25 or Alfa GTA spawn with broken FL suspension on practice, on pits or starting line (or both). OTH, the hotlap spawn point is safe for those cars. Even tried to disable csp to check if it was the culprit, but the same happens on vanilla ac. Lotus 49 spawns ok, 72D also gets broken suspension, not that those matter much for this track. On race the same will happen:
Screenshot_ks_lotus_25_vbordeu_f3ct_20-6-120-10-24-6.jpgScreenshot_ks_lotus_25_vbordeu_f3ct_20-6-120-10-32-34.jpg
(tested on vanilla, same on csp, QR from 12th position and practice from pits)

The other issue is a small lollypop guy, that is usually caused by AC_PIT_# objects that don't have a 1,1,1 Scale
Screenshot_ks_alfa_romeo_gta_vbordeu_f3ct_20-6-120-10-7-40.jpg

Thanks in advance for looking into this,
Cheers!

Last edited:
Thanks for quick update :)
Pit guys are now scaled ok, player pit spawn and grid spawns seem fixed without broken suspension. :thumbsup: Unfortunately there's a new issue, as hotlap spawn is dropping the player car mid air.

Some pit guys are clipping into the buildings, but I guess not much can be done while keeping cars so near the walls, or without spacing them another way.
Screenshot_ks_lotus_25_vbordeu_f3ct_21-6-120-1-48-14.jpgScreenshot_ks_lotus_25_vbordeu_f3ct_21-6-120-1-44-14.jpg

Cheers

Thanks for quick update :)
Pit guys are now scaled ok, player pit spawn and grid spawns seem fixed without broken suspension. :thumbsup: Unfortunately there's a new issue, as hotlap spawn is dropping the player car mid air.

Some pit guys are clipping into the buildings, but I guess not much can be done while keeping cars so near the walls, or without spacing them another way.
View attachment 383175View attachment 383176

Cheers

going to check out the hotlap spawn.
yes, place the pit guy correctly is mostly a pita, i never use the pit guys at my track when driving, some of this tracks had narrow pit lane plus the fact i usually add 3d guys there.

I am loving your tracks the more I play them and the more I keep discovering vintage mod cars to drive on them. Pessio's Alfa Romeo GTAM is my current favourite. It is good for close combat racing and nimble enough to take the twistiest roads.

The Eifel Südstrecke is a masterpiece, especially. The scenery is enough to make me want to drive it, and it has a nice flow too. Dare we dream of "Nordstrecke"?

It's the road detail and atmosphere that make the tracks attractive to me. That, and the track selection. It's like a journey into a new, old world. How many times I have walked down the Eläintarha start/finish straight here in Helsinki and imagined how it must have been back in the day... It's still recognizable.

I wish AC could do movable hay bales, though. Has that ever been worked out?

Thanks for your work, Sergio, throughout the years and for the work to come!

hello!!
thanks for that kind of words, pretty cool :)
yes!! there is something special between the vintage tracks and my passion, as you says, it is like a time travel at some point, with new CSP+Sol the inmersion is amazing. like it a lot.
off course i dream with a full Nurby, in the past the fact of hand made all 3d grass was something to worry about it, but now that this procedure is automatic, who knows :)

hello!!
after a short break of doing F3 tracks and with the release of Islip Speedway, it is time to return to duty.
right now i am working on a update for Sandevoerde (again), new settings for grass fx and night lights around track.
I dont think this track was used for night racing, but we can do it now :)
Also start to work in a delayed project, Norisring, with a early 60s config, low safety and the long version of circuit, maybe i am going to add the short circuit too, some progress on Laguna Seca too.
enjoy it.

20200803200343_1.jpg
20200803200520_1.jpg
20200803200626_1.jpg
norisring.jpg

Norisring sounds like an awesome idea! There are a couple of things that make me wonder why they decided to race there in the first place, and that was when all I knew was the current layout. The old one just seems bonkers all on its own. Anything 8-figure gets me excited. Another track where I have walked and thought back to foregone times! Let's just say the location has an interesting history.

EDIT: Or was the 8-figure layout even earlier than early 60s?

Norisring sounds like an awesome idea! There are a couple of things that make me wonder why they decided to race there in the first place, and that was when all I knew was the current layout. The old one just seems bonkers all on its own. Anything 8-figure gets me excited. Another track where I have walked and thought back to foregone times! Let's just say the location has an interesting history.

EDIT: Or was the 8-figure layout even earlier than early 60s?

the "figure 8" layout was used back on early 50's, the layout i am working on is the same that modern one, but with hairpin further ahead, track lenght is 4.1 km, not sure, but this layout was used when pedro rodriguez get kill (or not?)

after a short read, looks like i can create almost any layout used at Norisring, the fig 8, the short one, the long one and one used on 1960.

I am just excited to see what you come up with. The more, the better I guess! When you mentioned Laguna Seca, for example, I took a look at historic layouts, and I never knew how the track looked like in the past. I stopped, though, thinking "I want to see what Sergio comes up with. I don't want to look at layouts. I want to wait and experience it."

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 325 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 281 13.4%