rF2 F3.5 2014 @ Sebring - Mon 18th Aug

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Sign me out please and sorry it's 17 mins late but can't concentrate on the server with the arguing plus I'm several seconds of the pace so lost enthusiasm for tonight now

Sorry for the inconvenience and looking forward to Wednesday now

@Gijs van Elderen How will you handle track limits into T1? You can easily pull over to the pit exit and widen the entry of T1. With no pit stops needed in the race it wouldn't be a big safety issue, but I definetely don't want to get DQed after the race.

I don't need to cross the line or hit the cones to take that corner falt-out. :)

About the other corners... I think the walls will do there job. :p It is hard to ignore them. :geek:

What the hell was that, going round to the track with plenty of time to spare, then I've teleported into my grid position and the race is starting, all of a sudden the safety car is out. Couldn't tell if it bugged out and I was racing AI or if it actually happened.

That was an experience :O_o: got punted on first turn I get a warning? lol, then contact further down the track I get a stop & go. Ah well, maybe next time :unsure:

I enjoyed the race and am pleased with a top 5 finish :) (alright 5th :D) I was really struggling to find the time out of the last corner earlier today but it clicked tonight and I found almost 3 seconds on my pb in free practice, the race was a fairly quiet affair for me really, looking back I suppose the safety car period worked ok, I would have preferred a track with proper DRS zones though, will the league have only proper DRS tracks ?

Ok, if we see the accident because the safety car came out, we can say that it's ridiculous.
That kind of rule is good in the real life, with real danger.And the track is 5.8km longer so the 3 cars on trouble on the grid had way enough time to back on track or back in the pits ! :p

Yellow rule is not good in rF2 in general, it will always ends with à Full Course Yellow as soon as a piece of wing is broken, or a car is spinning around !

Next time let's go back with the Black Only rule flag !!

Ok, if we see the accident because the safety car came out, we can say that it's ridiculous.
That kind of rule is good in the real life, with real danger.And the track is 5.8km longer so the 3 cars on trouble on the grid had way enough time to back on track or back in the pits ! :p

Yellow rule is not good in rF2 in general, it will always ends with à Full Course Yellow as soon as a piece of wing is broken, or a car is spinning around !

Next time let's go back with the Black Only rule flag !!
Yeah, it was good for testing it out, but I think a few drivers (including me a bit) got caught out with the fast start. Boom you are on the grid and the lights are going on. I thought we had a formation lap as usualy, but it wasn't in the description.

My qualy was pretty ok as I didn't had a single lap with rubber on track or on low fuel. I had a big drift in the hairpin, so P5 was good.
At the start I immediately saw the caution and Calum who jumped me had to give the place back.
I had to give a place to @Nicolas Delamare, which was strange as I started ahead of him, but I wanted to avoid a penalty.
On the restart I really pushed and was able to outbrake Nicolas. I pushed right away and felt comfortable doing it. I caught @James Sadler quickly and was able to get alongside on the last corner. I think he didn't see me, because he touched me on the straight.
So already P4, then @Dan Brewer spun, which handed me P3. I started to close the gap to @Enrico Barducco slowy, but I was not consistent enough. Towards the end I was 0.6 seconds behind in T1 and on the exit there was more dirty air then I expected and I nearly crashed.

Still happy with the result P3 was the maximum in such a short race and I wouldnt have been fast enough for @Oscar Hardwick today.

Youtube is still messing with the quality of my videos :(

This didn't go that well for me but it was fun anyway.

Start was a little chaotic, then with the safety car on track i bumped Gijs, sorry about that :redface::(, and lost control which sent me to the back of the grid.

After the restart i was trying to get back in the race but i couldn't concentrate and on T1 caught some air when i struck the kerb. Went to the pits repaired the car and finished the race.

In the end it was a good test to know the car better and to learn to avoid silly mistakes.:p

Well everything went as predicted. Welcome to real live racing. :D

Multi car incident ==> full course yellow. BTW: not just a wing. A single car crash would be a local yellow.

And i think some people were lucky to not have a S/G immediately. Because the yellow flag was out and they were still racing and overtaking. The server needed to calculate everybody's position upon the incident. So it needed a couple of laps to get everything back in order. It flipped a bit at some points to get everything back in to order. :whistling:

So my opinion: it wasn't a server or rF2 bug or whatever, but a people bug... :barefoot:

And about the contact penalty's. Don't make contact. :D and some "paint swapping" is allowed. :whistling:

Just as Freddy wrote: Some where a bit surprised by the sudden spawning on the grid. It's the only "bug" a found at the moment. Reconnaissance time was to short. 60 sec + 1m30sec was just to short. It"s not often used. But I think it's a nice alternative to a formation lap. And going to the grid in real life can be a bit hectic too.

I loved qually time in split groups. The only thing missing, was a list where you ended up. But it isn't an issue for me.

I got from the back to P6 and i spinned out 3 times so it could be better. :cool:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 208 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 265 13.6%