rF2 F3.5 2014 @ Imola DRS - Mon 15th Sept

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Yep, when I have tried it its very hard in turny bits.
It amazed me when @Frederic Schornstein managed to make MED Aero package work at Fuji.
However I used it in a multiplayer race at Paul Ricard. Mega long straight,the guys using High DF were down 15-18kph.
I am a bit nervous re using low DF for Monza. Better get to work.
COTA is definetely a high downforce track in Fuji it was relatively "easy" to make it work as I jumped most people at the start. It was a pain to drive, but with 20kph more top speed there was no chance to overtake me and if someone got passed in S2 or 3 I could still overtake them from 0.7 seconds back with DRS :D

COTA is definetely a high downforce track in Fuji it was relatively "easy" to make it work as I jumped most people at the start. It was a pain to drive, but with 20kph more top speed there was no chance to overtake me and if someone got passed in S2 or 3 I could still overtake them from 0.7 seconds back with DRS :D
Fuji was so hard in the 2010 car for me that If I was told I had to use Med aero I would have cried.

Nice racing today guys, unfortunately i got bumped off twice in both races t1/t3, both times causing pretty heavy suspension damage, so I just spent most of my time overtaking people who crashed :(

Better luck next time !

That were two quite fun races. I had no preperation except 10min before qualy and never really liked Imola, but at least my S1 was quite fast before qualy, but never finished a lap as I had to make some quick adustments to the setup as it didnt really suit the track.

Qualy was bad with few mistakes, but again a lot of drivers screwed up in the superpole format and I managed P3 undeserved.

Race 1 was ok I started P3 and couldnt make a move into T1, but @David Gronvalls got in front pressured by @Nicolas Delamare. As David had a slip in Fuji at the start of the race I tried to stay close and see what happened and David went off in S2, so now it was between Nicolas and me again :D
My setup worked ok for qualy, but in the race I had a lot of understeer and didn't manage to lap consistently enough and the gap was between 1.1 - 2 seconds. Trying harder didn't help and went off and lost a few seconds. In the second to last lap Nicolas went off and I got passed, but he had DRS and retook the lead. In T2 he was just ahead, but my understeery car + dirty air was a horror and I just went straight and spun on the grass. Still managed to bring it home in P2.

Race 2 now starting reversed back to P12 and I couldn't dail in more FW as it was still Parc ferme, so I was awaiting an awful race. My start was mega and I took around 6 positions into T1 on the rest of the lap several cars decided to crash each other and managed to take P2 on the start/finish straight after Lap1! That was great because David started in P1 and was fast in qualy. I managed to close up on him and overtook him with DRS, but I was too happy and forgot, that in the next lap he has DRS and he retook the lead, but had a few slides in S1 and spun the car on the curb leaving me in P1 with a 10 seconds gap. I went into bring it home mode and looked after the car.

@Gijs van Elderen @David O'Reilly Something I noticed in other racing clubs/leauges is, that in a full reversed grid the DNF's are not taken into account, so if you crash on Lap 1 you won't get pole in Race 2. I don't know how many positions will be reversed in the leauge, but wanted to mention it.

Great race boys, congrats to the podium.

Thanks Aleksi for the setup, I was heavilly struggling with low speed corners.

Had a decent qualy but not fully satisfying, made a few minor mistakes. Race 1 went pretty smooth, I could make my way up to 4th position.

The first lap of the second race was nothing for the history books, managed to avoid the T1 ramblings but was sent into a spin in T3. I also managed to loose my 3rd place to Gijs in the last corner :mad: :poop:. Well done mate, It seems that I can't stand pressure :laugh:.

I love the super pole format and I think that 2 races with reversed grid is cool, but maybe 20-25 minutes per race?

@Frederic Schornstein
it makes sense not to put DNFs at front for Race 2 IMO.

It's possible to revered the finishers only. :thumbsup:

About DNF: Server is set to rejoin the race with a fresh car. If you have to press ESC due to a crash or "mecanical" failure. You can press "Race" again without leaving the server. You continue the race from the pit box with a fresh car. But you'll lose the lap and time spend in the pit.

You'll lose too much time to use it as a cheat. So it's best to replace a front wing with a pitstop.
But at least you can make the best out of the situation.

I think i mentioned it a few times. ;)

About DNF: Server is set to rejoin the race with a fresh car. If you have to press ESC due to a crash or "mecanical" failure. You can press "Race" again without leaving the server. You continue the race from the pit box with a fresh car. But you'll lose the lap and time spend in the pit.

You'll lose too much time to use it as a cheat. So it's best to replace a front wing with a pitstop.

Yes, I read that somewhere, but usually I don't wreck my car so at least I forgot about it :D

Wish I knew that...would busted that in race 2 when someone broke my suspension horribly rejoining the track in t3 on lap1 lol

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back