rF2 F3.5 2014 @ Circuit Of The Americas - Mon 30 June

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
This was difficult. Had my first race with a 3 monitor setup, that I have build from old displays :) I think there's no going back to one monitor :D

I am in love with this track:inlove:

I did a bit of practice on Sunday and changed my "standard" setup a bit, which is basically my standard setup from the old FR35 with diffrent wing levels it felt fine:roflmao:

Shared the setup with Rene, he did a few adjustments, not all were working for me, so I did a small front wing and rear ARB adjustment and the car was hooked up :)

In practice Rene was really close on race pace, but in qualy I really pushed and did 3 really fast laps all good enough for pole.

Start is always scary here. I got a good launch, but Marcel from P3 was close and I knew he is quick around here even without practice. I ran really wide into T1 and we were side by side in T2, but I cam out ahead.

I got a nice gap as Marcel wasn't as quick as Rene. Once Rene was past he was closing and I was doing consistent laps being careful. As Rene got closer and closer I needed to push more. Unfortunately he had a brake failure later, but even alone at front the track is a blast :D

I didn't think i would do that good in the race so finishing third was pretty good. :D

Yesterday while practicing i was slow and uncomfortable with the car. After using Frederic's setup thing started to become better. So i approached today's event with a more safe pace.

In Qualy i managed to be in a good position so i just wanted to maintain that until the end of the race.

In the race had a little battle in the first half but i decided not to push to hard defending the position. I was seeing Gijs getting closer to me so i tried to be a little faster to manage the gap until the end. Luckily for me he lost some time so i had time to breathe. In the final laps Rene had problems and i got third place. :p

Thanks to all. :thumbsup:

After watching the replay. I'm sorry to say that i have to DQ Freddy and Rene. :(

You guys are quick enough, you don't need that extra tenth of a second.

Make shure it won't happen again. ;)

image.jpg image.jpg

After watching the replay. I'm sorry to say that i have to DQ Freddy and Rene. :(

You guys are quick enough, you don't need that extra tenth of a second.

Make shure it won't happen again. ;)

View attachment 58392 View attachment 58393
It shouldn't have happened that often, but the real road is there and the setup changed made the car more stable there. With my old setup I would have spun :D, so I may have done it more often than I think.

If it is not allowed I will stay off there for Wednesday. It is more a problem with the track.

as shown on your screenshot i had at least 2 tires on the curb. that´s considered "as ok" in many places.
just watch a F1 hotlap at montreal for example. (i know that it isn´t ok here...)

but after watching the livestream from the URD indy event, i thought that the track limits aren´t seen this serious in club races^^
http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...-gp-friday-6th-june.87967/page-6#post-1740545

i have no problem if those things get punished every time...

It's in the club rules:
Do not deliberately cut the track. The white (or yellow) lines mark the edge of the road. Do not cross them with more than two wheels.

So 2 wheels on the curb are alowed.

View attachment 58407
I know and I 100% agree with you. It was my fault and I don't want to argue against it I would have had enough pace to respect the track limits there and should have done it. I was just curious how it is in real life and why they aren't cutting.

I will have a look at my replay. I did a lot of running on that track and it's a bad habit to go there. I know that I didn't do it really before the last setup change as the car was unstable on curbs.

Did I do it often in the race? I honestly don't know it. I will watch out for it next time and nice to see, that you are having a look on us drivers even though it ended badly for me :D

as shown on your screenshot i had at least 2 tires on the curb. that´s considered "as ok" in many places.
just watch a F1 hotlap at montreal for example. (i know that it isn´t ok here...)

but after watching the livestream from the URD indy event, i thought that the track limits aren´t seen this serious in club races^^
http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...-gp-friday-6th-june.87967/page-6#post-1740545

i have no problem if those things get punished every time...

Here is a bigger picture: Indeed 2 tires on the curb, But the wrong 2 tires. :D

image-jpg.58393

Rfactor 2 is a good enough sim, that you take the track/curbs as in real live. We don't need a 5 sec penalty like AC. Mostly if 4 wheels are off the road you spin out or you have no advantage of it at all. Though the club rules are clear about the track limits. :geek:

About punishment: This means your license been revoked for 30 days. :O_o: i guess you don't want that to happen.

And ingame punishments, like a drive trough if you cut the track x times. Like Race07.
I will have a look at that if it's possible. :sneaky:

Here is a bigger picture: Indeed 2 tires on the curb, But the wrong 2 tires. :D

image-jpg.58393

Rfactor 2 is a good enough sim, that you take the track/curbs as in real live. We don't need a 5 sec penalty like AC. Mostly if 4 wheels are off the road you spin out or you have no advantage of it at all. Though the club rules are clear about the track limits. :geek:

About punishment: This means your license been revoked for 30 days. :O_o: i guess you don't want that to happen.

And ingame punishments, like a drive trough if you cut the track x times. Like Race07.
I will have a look at that if it's possible. :sneaky:
To be honest I was wondering why you don't get a track cut there. At COTA it is fairly easy to get one e.g. in the second to last corner.

I will have a close look at my replay today and see how often I was a naughty boy :D
No fear I will keep my 2 wheels on track on wednesday. I hope in the next version we get a sausage curb, that curb is so tempting :D and with a sausage you get the penalty immediately.

i´m sorry Gijs - i think you misunderstood me.
(...what isn´t a surprise due to my limited english skills)

it is clearly regulated - i made a mistake - no question.

i only wanted to say that this rule is often disregarded here!
and i would be happy if there is taken a look at it after the race more often - just like you did.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back